Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Neta Tec - anyone fitted one yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am sure BAXI will sort the valve issue out quickly,until then i will keep fitting the heat max and duotec one i am a great believer in simplicity ,make a boilers brain to sophisticated and it just gets confused LOL,and who really needs a boiler that can go strait on to NG or LPG?i bet most of us dont even do LPG and if you do what was wrong with buying jets to convert it and setting the gas valve up?
The duotec sets up the same as the netatecs

Not fitted one yet but going on the course next week to have a look at them. Have to say that i'm having second thoughts with the negative feed back. I have already raised the issue with the gas valves with the rep and he denied any knowledge of problems.

Not fitted one yet but going on the course next week to have a look at them. Have to say that i'm having second thoughts with the negative feed back. I have already raised the issue with the gas valves with the rep and he denied any knowledge of problems.
I was told that there is only a problem if you do not set it up right from the start.
I have set all mine up as above and not had any problems.

fitted 4 altogether , one had a naf divertor valve .also had problems with the initial aeration at start up on all of them.baxi engineer told me to leave link in before wiring up while aeration is in progress and to keep the hot tap running to keep it cool so ill try that on the next one i fit.just think its a few teething problems with the boiler tbh

fitted 4 altogether , one had a naf divertor valve .also had problems with the initial aeration at start up on all of them.baxi engineer told me to leave link in before wiring up while aeration is in progress and to keep the hot tap running to keep it cool so ill try that on the next one i fit.just think its a few teething problems with the boiler tbh
I was told mine was diverter valve over phone, turned out just to be connection.

Ok changed the gas valve for the one in office now managed to get it to fire but during the gas type check it kept getting to max temperature and turning off so I thought ill keep the hot tap running and it completed the cycle . Sorted but now the heating won't work temperature just goes up too max and cuts out but no heat coming out the flow hope u guys are right and its the diverter just waiting for the Nazi man too show up

Ok changed the gas valve for the one in office now managed to get it to fire but during the gas type check it kept getting to max temperature and turning off so I thought ill keep the hot tap running and it completed the cycle . Sorted but now the heating won't work temperature just goes up too max and cuts out but no heat coming out the flow hope u guys are right and its the diverter just waiting for the Nazi man too show up
check the wire into divertor.

The majority of these parts (Generic) are used in other manufactures boilers if you look hard enough. Agree there is no excuse for failure within 4 weeks of instalation..For what its worth most of the ones i have been (Roughly about 5 all netatecs) to are Baxi wireless setting up problems..Best advice i can give, Fit a Honeywell/Drayton single channel timeclock and RF/Wired thermostat.

They seemed to have changed the blow off design on the netatecs already. It's now on the left.

They seemed to have changed the blow off design on the netatecs already. It's now on the left.

wish they would put the pressure gauge on the front its stupid under the boiler same place as the old puma

wish they would put the pressure gauge on the front its stupid under the boiler same place as the old puma
Yep I agree, does not look good. Also the front panel doesn't fit very well and could do with been better quality, really bad on duotec.

Yep I agree, does not look good. Also the front panel doesn't fit very well and could do with been better quality, really bad on duotec.

is there a big difference in price between the duotec2 and netatec on say a 28kw?

is there a big difference in price between the duotec2 and netatec on say a 28kw?
Not sure, I fitted a 40 kw duotec the other day , it was about £900 I think.
The 24kw Neta is about £600 ish and the 28 is about £650 ish inc.
Not fitted any other duotecs.

Think it's the 5 year guarantee that is selling them at the moment, not sure what I will be fitting next year when that runs out.

yes probably as you know you only get 2 years with the mk1 and thats if your in the worx scheme,saying that i have loads of 6 year old platinum's with the 5 year warranty never seen heatteam then some the fan has died on swings and roundabouts i suppose

I will see who offers a 5 year warranty and take it from there.
Got to say I do like the netatec though, small, cheap and built by baxi.

out of fifthteeen fitted twelve have had various problems, inlet test point is really hard to get to, washers pack are slighty oversized so really difficult to fit when fitted to minium height to surface, gas valve problems diverter problems won't waste anymore time on them anymore!

out of fifthteeen fitted twelve have had various problems, inlet test point is really hard to get to, washers pack are slighty oversized so really difficult to fit when fitted to minium height to surface, gas valve problems diverter problems won't waste anymore time on them anymore!
I read the instruction and follow what the rep told me, maybe I have been lucky but I think these are a really good boiler.
Think I am on about 10 now.
Please list all the faults you have had.
One thing for sure this is not just a plug in and play boiler.

Last edited by a moderator:
have fitted one and had problems with it,customer supplyed boiler because of 5 year waranty baxi wont honour that now because i didnt register with works first there was nothing supplyed with the boiler to tel me this . do me and the customer feel like weve had our pants pulled down =yes . these boilers and baxi support are crap,worster all the way for me.

have fitted one and had problems with it,customer supplyed boiler because of 5 year waranty baxi wont honour that now because i didnt register with works first there was nothing supplyed with the boiler to tel me this . do me and the customer feel like weve had our pants pulled down =yes . these boilers and baxi support are crap,worster all the way for me.
What problem did you have.

couldnt get it out of chimney sweep mode press the 2 buttons and display kept going back to 303 80, after spending about 50 mins on the phone to baxi and doing a re commition they said as it was working they would be round to look a week later, before week was up the customer had to phone them because heating hadnt come on they left him with no paperwork so dont know what was wrong.

couldnt get it out of chimney sweep mode press the 2 buttons and display kept going back to 303 80, after spending about 50 mins on the phone to baxi and doing a re commition they said as it was working they would be round to look a week later, before week was up the customer had to phone them because heating hadnt come on they left him with no paperwork so dont know what was wrong.
In my opinion most of the problems are the engineers fault for not reading the instructions.
I always run the hot tap and have the case fully on before I fire it up for the first time.
At the moment I have had no real faults and have now fitted quite a few.
I would say there a great boiler for the money.
Baxi really need to change the set up of these boilers as most plumbers do not read or follow the instructions.
Not really baxi fault but they will get slagged off on forums.
I do agree there is some minor things that need to be changed.
The washers are to big.
The pressure gauge is hard to see.
The control panel is not of the best quality and doesn't close very well.

Now compair this boiler to any other in the same price range, the Neta Tec is by far the best. Ferroli or a baxi ? Lol

Hi all, i am a commercial gas engineer and have just purchased one on the above boilers to be fitted in my home. Not sure if i am thinking i have done wrong...

Whats with the self commissioning?

I was talked into getting this by there rep in plumb in Manchester, got a 28kw, with flue kit and remote clock/stat for £680, so was pretty impressed. Boiler looks simple and easy to work on (he had a demo there), 5 year gaurantee, next day call-out etc..

Any one any info about commissioning side, as that seems to be were the problems stem from.

Thanks in advance....

If you would like to ring me I can talk you though it. 01943876999
Tips.
Run hot tap all the time while setting up.
Make sure case is on do not start the boiler without case on.
Then just follow the instructions on the front.
I fitted a megaflow today and the set up is the same. Again I had no issues at all.
These boilers are very good. Most of the problems are installers not reading instructions or not following them.
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Neta Tec - anyone fitted one yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock