Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Eco80 wont fire CH unless i turn on DHW tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rizz077

I have an interesting problem with Baxi Eco80 boiler which i inherited when i moved into my flat a few month ago.

At first i thought it was the thermostat so i recently replaced it with a 3rd Gen Nest. However its evidently not the thermostat.

Problem occurs when the boiler has been idle for a long time i.e both CH and DHW have not been running.
When the thermostat kicks in, i can hear the pump running but no flame ignition. The problem seems to be resolved only by turning on a hot water tap after which the flame ignition sequence seems to work just fine and the CH system fires up.

Once the system is running it seems to be able turn off and on (as demanded by the thermostat) however if left off for too long the same problem occurs.

I have checked the system pressure is set correctly to 1.5 barg,

Ay idea what the problem could be?

Yep.

One you need a gsr for. You need to prove your credentials to receive gas advice in a private forum on UKPlumbersforums.

No gas advice in open forum.

We wont give you advice on how to fix it but i will give you good advice as a experienced baxi engineer,its a easy boiler to work on,if its in good condition it will outlive most other brands,put a post up in find a engineer section,most good boiler repairers will know this machine backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Eco80 wont fire CH unless i turn on DHW tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
I have a very strange issue with my BAXI 105e DHW. if i turn on the hot tap the pump starts and demand for DHW is shown, after a some seconds it will show an error, 60 degree, pump or flow. Well switch the tap off wait maybe fifteen seconds turn tap on and low and behold hot water. If after a...
Replies
Views
Hope someone can offer some help with this issue, I have a Baxi 105e works fine no real downside, serviced looked after regularly. Have an issue with hot water, open hot water taps runs cold and indicates on boiler 60degrees or pump or pressure problem. Leave it ten seconds open taps again low...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for someone who can please help solve this problem and fix our boiler. Staffs area. CH seems fine. Boiler can be coaxed into full burn with the fan spinning at full speed, so I think everythings fine on the gas/air/flue/condensate side of things. If there is DHW demand on the...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock