Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Duo-Tec Combi 33 HE A Bolier Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

POJ190

I have a Baxi Duo-Tec Combi Boiler installed in my house and it provides heating for the main house and underfloor heating in the conservatory. Both areas are individually controlled. The main central heating is controlled by a Salus wireless thermostat/programmer Model No. RT500RF (TX).

Over the past couple of days between 7 and 10 p.m. approx, for some reason the main central heating is being switched on but the demand is not from the Salus thermostat (I've even removed the batteries from the thermostat and CH still switches on). If I don't do anything, the heating will switch on and off every 5 mins, i.e. on for 5 mins off for anything up to 5 mins.

If I switch the main power to the boiler and the Salus Receiver off and then on again, the heating does not turn on for at least 15 mins.

The strange thing is if I turn down the CH temperature on the boiler (to about 42) is seems to cure the problem. The moment I increase the CH temperature on the boiler (to 56 - 60) the problem returns.

Anyone have any idea what's causing this problem?

Many thanks for any help you can give

POJ

Wonder if the boilers hw setting is in comfort mode and they maybe a sticking bit in the boiler......Best bet get a gasman round, you really need to be in front of these things to give a definitive answer.

Get rid of the salus. Cheap junk is all i can use to describe them. A bit like the Lada of heating controls.

I fit a fair few , i dont think there that bad.
Bet somebody close has had one fitted aswell and they are cross communicating. The jumper setting on both the thermostat and sender unit need changing and then the thermostat resetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Duo-Tec Combi 33 HE A Bolier Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock