Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Duo-Tec 24GA - Fan only on, no display when switched on at mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having issues with the boiler making a arcket when hot water/heating running, sounds like combustion needs resetting as it runs perfectly for 10 minutes then error E comes up and flame symbol. Boiler restarts and runs perfectly again until next time which could be never or 30 minutes

Service due on Wednesday, serviced every year by same installer since fitted by them 5 years ago who are now a Baxi accredited and a Baxi engineer who had to come out to a fault 3 years ago said 1st time he's seen the book filled in correctly and fully so suggested you have a good installer. Installer gas registered, council registered and tradesmen scheme registered and recommended years ago by local gas parts suppliers when asking about new boilers

Always been up-front with any issues with boiler when serviced, it was him who suggested I changed the taps as they were old and did have a tendency to weep slightly if not set exactly in the middle, which they weren't at last service 12 months ago which he picked up

Never had any issues with it until recently, but as service due wasn't too bothered

Had to turn it off to replace cold water filling loop taps, even installer said you can change them if you want its really easy. I'm not dumb and can rebuild bikes and cars so pretty good mechanically and replaced taps a few years ago before new boiler installed

I've touched nothing else externally or internally, but now when switched on at mains switch all you get is the fan coming on at sounding like full speed but no display, nothing, so can't even try and reset it. Water all on and working perfectly just boiler won't switch back on like its stuck on initial start-up so no hot water/heating

Been switched off in past and always comes on straight away

Tried turning hot tap on or heating to see if that will kick-start it into life, but still nothing

Just a quick query before I call warranty as we have extended boiler cover with call outs and repair from Baxi, I don't fancy calling them out to find its something stupid like 'qive it 10 minutes' and them try to charge me for a wasted call out

Thanks for any suggestions

Sound like a 'Kaput' PCB.
If you have no display, probably a faulty screen.
But saying that - there are about 10 sequences after the fan starts before the boiler will allow itself to go to ignition.

As for diagnosing the fault - can't do much without the display.

But hey - at least your fan is working!

You need someone qualified to take it further.

Warranty call by the sounds of it
Either call baxi or get the installer / service guy to do it.

Warranty/Baxi engineer coming out tomorrow hopefully, booked in

Been switched off all day, tried again. Exact same fault. No display screen, no auto switch on which it has always done almost instantly. I thought PCB but will see what happens when engineer has a look

5 years first major issue

New circuit board problem solved, service booked in for Wednesday anyway for yearly service

Wife was in while I was at work still, engineer said it looked like circuit board on its way out for some time. Boiler now so quiet I keep checking its actually on ... like it was when fitted

Cost nothing due to warranty I took out just before 5 year guarantee ran out with Baxi. Weird thing is I was just looking at circuit boards our of curiosity a couple of days previously for prices

You took out an extended warranty with baxi or another company?

5 year Baxi guarantee came with boiler when installed, took out Baxi recommended warranty just before the original one ran out. Basically, last 6 months payments have easily paid for call out, time and parts for a new circuit board and now a very very quite running boiler

Its run by Legal and General but when I rang it was Baxi that sorted it out so I assume they underwrite any claims but Baxi do the work. Unlimited call outs and no fees unless you keep calling them out for pointless faults that the average sensible owner should be able to manage, like using the cold water loop filler or resetting the boiler if it decides to throw a wobbly for some reason

Amazing piece of design, very simple inside not much to it as I had a look while they were installing it. Installer suggested Baxi I was going to go Vaillant after much research into boilers. I didn't go cheap and could have got one half the price but he suggested this boiler as all the important bits are brass as he explained plastic can and does age and crack. Even the expansion vessel is dead simple access. The pile of crap that was fitted by wifes-ex during his 'renovation' of the house had the expansion vessel behind the boiler. One very fiddly job I did was clean out the expansion vessel pipe from vessel to boiler that was full of crap due to its tiny bore size, one of the many common faults I got to know about the old boiler while trying to keep it running. I think it was a Chateux or some cheap French crap. Two circuit boards in 18 months. Absolute pants inside, pretty much everything plastic and an arse to do anything with it. I think it was very very cheap as it was at the end of the law with regards non-condensing boilers being fitted. Local gas parts suppliers got to know me very well. They were the ones that unofficially recommended the installer we used as parts were getting harder to get and taking longer to arrive for the original boiler so suggested get a new boiler before your forced into it with parts no longer available for the old one. After 5 years it was knackered

Terms of original Baxi guarantee were yearly service, so might as well keep it up. At least things can get picked up before it happens and they clean the magfilter and water filter in the boiler plus check all combustion and so on

We are in a very soft water area so lucky in that as well. No scale build up ... ever

I insisted on magfilter when new boiler fitted 5 years ago, plus installer said a powerflush especially with a new boiler install otherwise whats the point with old crud in system killing a new boiler. Also he said Baxi may refuse to honor guarantee if its proved system age caused boiler failure not their boiler

Full powerflush over 2 days, I watched it being done with all the gear not like a local gas firm suggested just running cold water through it will do when I asked for a quote and all radiators checked and derusted not that there was any when checking the filters on the powerflush kit. Acid wash overnight just to be sure then neutralised and protector added when boiler installed. Installers were here 8am on the dot and left 5 pm-ish or later. No extended dinner breaks worked solid for 2 days and even drove to Baxi headquarters in Preston to pick up a new union that had damaged threads on a boiler connector so couldn't connect pipework to boiler. Baxi suggested sending boiler back for warranty exchange and getting a replacement boiler, installer refused as he argued it was on the wall primed and ready to go, but stopped by a faulty union caused by Baxi

Had Baxi out to it as it kept throwing up a random fault and shutting down the boiler so I had to reset it manually to clear it, engineer said the firmware needed updating as it was scanning the gas valve to frequently. Fixed straight away. My answer was a firmware update on a boiler. Yep, they are that advanced

I was dubious about Baxi after reading plenty of bad reports about older boilers but this one has been fine so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Duo-Tec 24GA - Fan only on, no display when switched on at mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock