Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Bermuda firefront in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

voivod

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Customer I have is looking to fit a Combi just now but wants to leave the fire front and the bbu (disconnected) in as they will fit a stove next year instead. Just wondered is that possible/legal?

Last edited:
Don't believe it's permitted now, check with Baxi I'm pretty sure they don't endorse it now

I thought it was okay as longs all the rear stuff is disconnected safely & stays in situ as it makes up part of the flue etc but have never done it myself or would like to lol

Phoned . Is okay if you blank of boiler gas. Not recommended unless fire has been serviced regular.

I am on with the same job in a week or so , phoned baxi and GS after a lot of conflicting advice , both were ok -ish sort off , if you know what I mean, yes you can leave the fire in but if anything happens we will walk away and you will cop-it lol .

The fires coming out

You have to remove the burners and cap gas to Boiler unit then drill holes in cast boiler section, any pipe work left on boiler has to be left with open ends.

Easiest way is disconnect electrics and water pipes. Remove the burner tray, unscrew the brass tail from the gas valve and put a 1/2" female cap on it. Put that tail back onto the gas cock.
If the fire has lights run a supply for the lights.
No need to drill holes in it as there are 3 x 1" holes where the pipes came off.
Boiler should be marked as a decommissioned appliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Bermuda firefront in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock