Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Bermuda 551 with strange hot water tank??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

c.gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone shed any light on this system. Baxi Bermuda 551 which is apparently the first Bermuda made in 70's and there was only 1 tank upstairs which seems to have a built in header tank. In the main part of the tank had 2 cylinder tanks, 1 sticking out of the water and one at the bottom of the water which you can just about make out in the pictures. Couldn't find any pump or anything although it could be under the floor somewhere

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 41
Looks like an Elson, been quite a bit about those on here if you search it

I'd say its an Elson. Ripped a few out, which have been on older system. Seen a few in houses with one pipe systems, so worth checking that if your pricing for a new boiler/system

Apparantly the issue was it was bubbling over, when I was there you could see all water marks down the bedroom wall, looked like someone had been using a wall paper stripper in the room and the marks had dried with a slightly brown tinge. I think it's split inside as water coming out of the overflow when heating is on and it's a new ball valve. Also thinking thermostat on boiler aswel as water shouldn't have got that hot

Very dated system, I wouldn't be spending too much time on it.... If its split it's either some new tanks and a cylinder or new boiler time :smile5:

Elson diamond, almost guarantee the cold feed will be blocked! nice and heavy tho happy days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Bermuda 551 with strange hot water tank??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock