Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Bermuda 551 fire front in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

My baxi Bermuda 551 has no fire front at the moment and I need to get one otherwise it'll keep being regarded as at risk I believe.

If anyone knows of any or has one going spare or knows of any other fire front that will fit please can you let me know.

I know they are hard to find but someone must be ripping an old one out soon!

If it's been deemed as at risk. It should have a label fitted, saying do not use and should have been turned off at the gas supply.
Are you using the boiler?

Hi

It says at risk because the fire front is missing only. I have been advised as soon as I have a front the notice will no longer be relevant.

There's no gas escape or need for the gas to be turned off. It's used as a back boiler only and the fire is not used.

I am selling the house and if I can't find a fire front I'll have to take this into consideration for any buyer

Any advice on fire fronts is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Upgrade it , this will help sell the property and you can recover the cost involved by adding it to your asking price, back boilers are very inefficient especially for heating hotwater. Cheers kop

So are you saying that the fire is there but l It is not useable or the fire has been removed?

Nope the fire is there but we don't use it,it is only in use as a boiler. It's worked perfectly for 3 years with no front cover. Extremely reliable.

The gas engineer who came round stated he had to put it as AR as he is a corgi registered engineer however said it was safe to use should we should to continue using it. I understand the logic of it but what I would ideally want is the front fitted back on.

We do not however have the front and never have. So it's just the fire that is AR not the boile itself if that makes sense

You cannot and should not use this boiler without the fire front fitted it is AT Risk . kop

What I think the OP is saying. Is that the gas fire unit is still in situ but has been disconnected and the beige/brown front cover for the fire is the part that is missing?

Yes sorry I'm in no way a heating expert. It's just the beige/brown cover that's missing!!!

The guts of the fire is still there I'm just trying to find the cover which is proving difficult!

Has the gas been capped to the fire or can the fire still be switched on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Bermuda 551 fire front in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock