Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 80 Eco in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to one the other day to service, noticed the hot water wasn't very hot. Didn't really have time to properly investigate but struggling to get more than about 8ltrs/min without it going tepid. B.P fine, not modulating or cutting out but heating flow didn't feel like it warmed up at all either, although the heating had been on before I got there. Any other ideas before I investigate further? Can only presume its creeping past down the heating slightly so only getting 80% or so to water.

cheers in advance

I had this once and I'm sure the problem was, it was just circulating round the by-pass ate the back, also this boiler uses the expansion vessel as a hot water storage.

ja7u6yqe.jpg

7ugybaty.jpg

I had this once and I'm sure the problem was, it was just circulating round the by-pass ate the back, also this boiler uses the expansion vessel as a hot water storage.

ja7u6yqe.jpg

7ugybaty.jpg

Is that the British gas software? I'd love to get my hands on that!

Looks like partsarena to me, i've got it on the works PDA and it is available as an app for ipad.

cheers doodle, makes sense, kind of. Surely the problem would be the valve rather than the pipe its self? Also, isn't it the instant which does that, and how does it do it, must be able to circulate the water in the vessel??

Looks like partsarena to me, i've got it on the works PDA and it is available as an app for ipad.
Bit more info on this laptop than partsareana.
Detailed fault finding, including step by step xsol. Also lists the common faults and how to test for them.
cheers doodle, makes sense, kind of. Surely the problem would be the valve rather than the pipe its self? Also, isn't it the instant which does that, and how does it do it, must be able to circulate the water in the vessel??
Correct. It is the piece of junk instant that stores the hot water.

Your issue initially sound like a blocked up Plate Hex. or a divertor issue or even a breaking down NTC.
Visit customer when there heating off to feel the flow and return pipes.

blocked hex would surely cause boiler to modulate, as would NTC?

Detailed fault finding, including step by step xsol. Also lists the common faults and how to test for them.

Your issue initially sound like a blocked up Plate Hex. or a divertor issue or even a breaking down NTC.

xsol?

Looked all over the Internet for some disgruntled staff member getting rid of one. Sadly never found one!

Turn the return of with the isolater, if it works it's the divertor. If its modulating it's the ntc or hw hx. It won't be the bypass, there's no mechanical restriction. And they're all like that.

BG's pictorial, step by step, idiot proof, fault finding guide for a lot of individual boilers.
9 times out of 10 it gives you the answer you are looking for.
Oooooo I'd like to clone that hard drive....
Unfortunately the software is locked by some very good security software.

Just a thought. Did you check the basics by any chance?
Gas rate, BP, clean burner etc.

Yes, as first post, all good. Wouldn't have done a very good job at servicing it if the burner was dirty! :smilielol5:

BG's pictorial, step by step, idiot proof, fault finding guide for a lot of individual boilers.
9 times out of 10 it gives you the answer you are looking for.

Unfortunately the software is locked by some very good security software.

Just a thought. Did you check the basics by any chance?
Gas rate, BP, clean burner etc.

I know a man who can...

XSOL is a BPM tool. BG have probably built this up over time with their IP in their labs.

Yeh that's right, it's the instant that stores hot water. The diverted won't be passing, already stated in 1st post that heat isnt going into hearing so gotta assume this test was done with heating off. If the calorifier was block, it would modulate down and cycle on and off. :)

Just re-read, my apologies, as said above, isolate valve underneath or test with heating off.

I did turn the flow and return valves off whilst there to check divertor, nothing much changed but could have gone round the bypass?

It was all a bit hasty, as i got paid for a service not full diagnosis etc. I think I am more bothered about it than her, hence not going back, she just turns the tap down slower!

plate heat exchanger is blocked try taking it out and cleaning,as far as i know this 80 eco has no dhw ntc,some did though but the majority did not,if it does you should get 11k cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 80 Eco in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock