Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 30/85 "low pressure/pump fault" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cole

I have a baxi 30/85 boiler which shows a "Low pressure/pump fault" flashing neon light. The pressure is not low. It shows between 1 and 2 bar on the pressure gauge. A first it was an intermittent problem and the boiler wouldn't fire. Turning the power off and back on a couple of times would get the boiler to start. I was advised to change the diaphragm in the hydraulic pressure valve and this made things worse. It now won't fire at all. I changed the pressure valve and this didn't help either. I now have to turn on the boiler, wait for the central heating light to come on , then pull out the micro switch on the pressure valve and the boiler fires up. The problem is, the pin which activates the micro switch won't come out to activate it. I checked the pump and it runs so I'm nearly sure that's not the problem. I checked the expansion vessel and I didn't get any water coming out when I pressed the valve. I re pressurised the expansion vessel and the boiler still doesn't fire. There is an automatic filling valve which I presume has a non-return valve. I closed the gate valve after it in case to no avail. What else could cause this problem? I think I checked everything. Could there be a loss of pressure or fault in the cylinder coil?

as i need to check your details before i tell you whats wrong with it could you give me your gas safe registration number please

yes they still have gas safe in Ireland and have from April 1 2010

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and have a similar problem with a BAXI 30/65. I have checked the usual things, expansion vessel, pump, leaks and I also have replaced the hyd press valve diaphragm, but still the pressure will not stay above 0.5 bar. Gasman, I think you may have the answer, I am Gas Safe Registered (226897).

It is currently working, but was dead with a low press LED before I replaced the diaphragm! Any clues?

are you saying the pressure wont go over 0.5 bar? is cold water pressure good there?

Water pressure is good, I can top up the pressure to any point i wish, but as soon as the filling loop is turned off, the pressure drops back to 0.5bar. There are no obvious leaks in the boiler, or in the system, however some of the pipework is under floors. Circulation appears good, all radiators get hot quickly!

I have had a similar problem in that the micro switch would not make on startup but also had poor circulation problems in that all the rads would not heatup together, changed the diaphragm but no use. I made sure that there was no air in the CH supply/return pipes that could be causing a low flow. I recently changed the pump and that solved the problem with the circulation , all the rads are piping hot now. However the micro switch seems to be operating in the reverse now, i have to break the switch for the pump to start, anyone experience this before?
Anyway in answer to your problem, make sure the system is air free, make sure mesh on pump suction is not clogged, if those two things are ok then i would say the pump is the problem. I thought my pump was operating ok, was spinning ok and the circulation was ok ish, it was still faulty, remember its the flow that causes the differential pressure accross the hydraulic assembly valve and if you haven't got enough flow it won't push the pin out to make the switch. I bought a Grundfos UPS 25 60 and fitted it into the casing of the old pump (UP 15 50), fits perfect and alot cheaper. Now all i have to do is solve my micro switch problem!!

We have a new block of flats up here full of these. I've had this fault many times, the 1st few times I changed the dia, both jobs came back in within the wk. it turns out that the small differential hole is slightly choked on the left hand/dia manifold. We've been replacing the whole manifold when it occurs now, its pointless beating about the bush. Just replace it

When you say you are replacing the whole manifold do you mean the hydraulic outlet assembly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 30/85 "low pressure/pump fault" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock