Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 105e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyBongo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got a fresh batch of gas certs/services to do for a new landlord, 1st one I go to has a Baxi 105e, tenants shows me that the gas hob goes out when the boiler fires up! Turned out the gas valve handle was off and the valve was just cracked open, this boiler was seemingly serviced by BG in August!!

Anyway, opened the valve and the working pressure was fine, however the boiler was having some issues. On hw the temp was ramping up the burner was cutting out. High bp was 12mb, so a tad low. Got the low bp to 1.8mb. Suspected pex, but when i turned the hw stat down the gas valve did not modulate, even right at the lowest setting. Flow rate wasn't as high as it should be, but not worryingly low. On heating it fired on low burner then slowly ramped up, so I assume the gas valve is ok.

Didn't want to spend much time at it, as with the overall condition of the boiler it could be a replacement job. But will be speaking to the landlord tomorrow to see if he wants it diagnosed and repaired or down the new boiler route. Any common issues with these, I remember another one a while ago that we ended up replacing wouldn't go to low burner with one of the black wires removed from the mod coil, slightly different, but always annoyed me what was causing that too...

Blocked plate it sounds like.

These boilers stay at high rate for ages before modulating down, but might be worth checking the resistance of the thermistor

Really? Do they always fire on full burner? Even if the hw stat is at its lowest setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 105e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock