Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 105e issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Allgoode

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
Just a quick one to tax your tired brain cells.
Got a customer with one of these old beasts & i was called out to it late evening because of flashing 30 & 50 degree lights & no heating/hot water.
Had a quick look at it and nothing obvious bar an occasional drip from the diverter valve large diaphragm housing to rear housing.
Reset boiler and functioned checking microswitches - ok and boiler op was ok in all settings.
Left job and let customer know it was up & running again.
Received v.late text saying same fault so said i would pop over next evening as working all day in different area.
Could not reset this time checked continuity of several cables as well as overheat stat which had continuity.
Checked voltage to fan & non present.
Boiler is old and i was tired so - Poss pcb? or have i missed something, was too late to ring tech helpline.
Any advice is gratefully received,
Cheers,
Andy

Mentioned it might be worth investing in new boiler & that Baxi 830 was a comparable output DHW but a fair bit more efficient & cust was receptive but always like to know & understand any fault for future reference

aps working correctly / going to next stage??

Fan doesn't spin up.
Did on original reset but after that when fault re-occurred with the 30 & 50 lights usual clicks on boiler, pump runs & then diddly.
M/Switches on diverter op ok, checked the looming for continuity, used flow diagram/chart & followed.
Checked from overheat stat connector through pcb & had no continuity as per instruction. Had continuity on overheat stat itself.
No voltage at fan connections.

Don't want to throw to much more into it from previous repairs over last couple of years

i would say pcb then but tbh new boiler time

Cheers Shaun,
Was thinking it was going to end up heading down that route.
Will save the customer in the long run so will see him tomorrow about replacing the boiler.
Looking to drop a Baxi 830 in as very similar specs to the old unit, any thoughts from you guys on that.

Also got another old dear with an Ideal Mini C24 combi - pre condensing which will prob be going down the same route i think as its playing up as well.
A few more long days and some juggling customers around me thinks.

Not installed an 830 yet. Done a few 630s and they seem like a good boiler, can't comment on reliability as they only been installed less than a year. Isn't the 830 just a 630 with a longer warranty and a filter? To me an extra ÂŁ200 isn't worth the cost of a filter and a warranty that likely won't get honoured after 7years.

Reply to Baxi 105e issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock