Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom waste, soil and AAV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trev78

Hi,

I'm just about to start refurbishing our bathroom, which the previous owner moved to a former bedroom.

The waste is in a box section downstairs so it doesn't run through the joists.

The soil then runs down through a larder and then out - will find out to where when I refit the kitchen later!

There is an AAV in the loft.

I have a few questions if anyone can help....

Is the AAV legal or should it have an external vent?

Should there be check valves on the shower and other feeds?

Anything else you can suggest?!

I've got some pictures - I can't upload them for some reason.

Many thanks all!

Trev

The AAv is not illegal, just possibly not to regulations. If you or your neighbours on the same drain run have a vent to atmosphere. I personally prefer to vent to atmosphere all the time if possible, less maintenance. Check valves are good on the shower if they arnt in the shower already, and if you can get to change them at a later date.

Thanks for the info. Shower head will be restrained so it cannot lay in the tray...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathroom waste, soil and AAV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
Hi An idiot Bathroom fitter has cut down a soil pipe and fitted an AAV valve, then placed a built in bathroom cabinet with the soil pipe in the corner unit making the only easy way to access anywhere near the soil pipe by reaching up from where the kicker board goes. You can see from the photo...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
I currently undertake a plethora of jobs for a client and they have states that they have an unpleasant smell emanating from their bedroom. On inspection there is a box section with 2 circular vents on each side where the horrendous odour is coming from. It looks like during construction of the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I get a quick sense check on the below, always wanting to work 1 step ahead, eventually planning to add an en-suite to my existing loft conversion. Got...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock