Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Bathroom waste pipe routing in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Hazard

Hazard New Member

Hi folks,

I’m putting in a new bathroom above the kitchen and need to route the waste from the bathroom from above into a 4” in the kitchen. Is there a limit to the number of turns I should be making before the 1.5” feed into the boss?
    I ask because there’re a load of copper pipes running along the wall and I need to bring it away from the wall a little to feed into the boss.
    Not very well described but hopefully the photo helps! The waste will feed in from the right.

Cheers

59B03E33-8DA6-4C2B-8D01-08D697528F06.jpeg

2. Allgoode

Allgoode GSR

Hi,

The boss is quite high off the floor & could do with being lower to get good fall on pipe.

I would use x2 45/135degree elbows to get pipe off wall to boss on 4" pipe or twist pipe and use x1 45 degree connector into re-positioned boss.

If you are lifting floor level you may be ok for pipe fall with bath but if fitting a shower it will have a pretty high step into it,

thanks,

Andy

3. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

I think that is a photo of the kitchen.
    The bathroom is to be on above floor

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Daniel Hall

Daniel Hall Member

Run the kitchen waste into the boss on the side n 4" up to the new bathroom. Gonna need a durgo at a high level or vent to atmosphere