Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Bathroom suite ideas? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

Hi all. Ive got a very small bathroom that needs a suite. An issue i have is the soil pipe comes up in the middle of one of the walls where the pan and basin are to go. So my idea is to cut the soil at low level and elbow it over to the corner whilst picking up the basin and toilet. The owner would like a square shower bath which is 850mm at its widest leaving me 1000mm for a basin and wc. After all that guys my question is, what toilets and basin would allow for a soil pipe to run behind at low level? They would like a nice modern design if possible. Originally stating they’d like vanity units, but with the soil pipe having to run behind/underneath id have to butcher them to allow for this. Any adice or tips would be great guys thank you.

2. Chester

Chester Member

any pics or a rough drawing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

C4DC7845-2CDD-4821-AD52-9BE161B46C30.jpeg

A32615A2-9435-49BF-AC43-AD26702C3BEF.jpeg

4. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

5. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Move toilet to the right, basin and vanity unit to the left?

6. gmartine

gmartine GSR

I agree with rpm but I'd try getting a vanity unit for both as long as you think you can butcher it to conceal the all the pipe work. I didn't look too hard but this one is 107cm...

Windsor™ 55 White Combination Unit

7. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

8. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

As you look at it, the back wall is where the bath has to go.

9. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Err! You saying the bath is going under the window?
    I was just swooping the basin & toilet around.

10. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

No sorry mate. Where the black patch is on the back wall is where the bath will go. With a mixer shower.

11. gmartine

gmartine GSR

Perhaps change the bath's orientation so the narrowest end is next to basin or toilet so it'll give you more room. Can't see what else you can do except use vanity units to cover up the stack as best you can.

12. Wrighty8

Wrighty8 New Member

This. I am currently doing our bathroom up and our room is nearly exactly like yours here.

I am turning the bath around so the wide shower part is away from the basin.

The only issue is re routing all the pipe work which I havent come to yet as the Suite is on order!

I shall be posting my own thread asking for pointers!!

Good luck with yours but I'd go with narrow end at the basin end.

• Agree Agree x 1