Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom refit FULL JOB in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plum ber

Hi Gang ok so I have family ALL over the place and my Uncle has asked me to do his bathroom only I am really far to busy to travel to Birmingham (Erdington) to do this BIG job for him and even if I could the time scales will deffo not be what he will be hoping for ect.

However he has had all the Joey's from down the local (type of people) in the past......and this time I for one would like the job to be done with some precision and to see a nice job when it is done.

The bathroom is average size I have some measurments in here (cabin) somwhere but for now they are not important...

It has a 3 piece bathroom suite and a seperate shower (in a corner) It needs new lights (zone 1) and a new extractor to be fitted (none atm)......Floor to ceiling tiling to be done also.....A boiler fed ahower needs installing aswell.....

So I am looking for a great all rounder who is local to Brum and some pictures of past jobs you have done, I know this might seem a lot to ask but if I am to recommend someone I want to know the standard of work....

I would expect this job to take a day or 2!!! :smilielol5:Seriously I would put 5-10 days on it depending on the number of Bod's on the Job.....(No BOD you can't photocopy yourself!!!)

Any help or if you are interested please PM me with your details and a contact number and we'll go from there.....

A 10% commision is also payable (like a finders fee) tax free of course......:8:

Last edited by a moderator:
With over 260 post's in one month i'd say you were way too busy sat on yer laptop to bother with a bathroom refit!

Not sure the "finders fee" is in the spirit of this forum :( Could be wrong though.........

10% finders feeeeeeeee , you said you were busy enough so why make some more out of your Uncle !

5 to 6 days, all depends on what you are tiling onto, what size the tiles are etc.

Not sure the "finders fee" is in the spirit of this forum :( Could be wrong though.........

That's only a joke.....i would'nt take money in that way I would feel like I had'nt earned it !!

That's only a joke.....i would'nt take money in that way I would feel like I had'nt earned it !!

I am simply trying to help him out and find a decent time served tradesman that'll do a good job....Come on surely someone on here needs an extra job??

In this current climate I would have thought a few people on here must know someone in that area and could help out??

if it was a boiler /ch upgrade would have travel and fit it

but I dont do full bathrooms sorry

Thanks for the serious replies SafeGasInstall and SimonG, I was hoping someone on the forum would be in that neck of the woods.....

I do feel kinda sorry for him as i said in OP they have had the cowboy's in the past and would hate not to have tried to help him out.....he is a bit like a Dad to me...well more of a big brother actually and I have seen him ripped off in the past.....

Thanks for the serious replies SafeGasInstall and SimonG, I was hoping someone on the forum would be in that neck of the woods.....

I do feel kinda sorry for him as i said in OP they have had the cowboy's in the past and would hate not to have tried to help him out.....he is a bit like a Dad to me...well more of a big brother actually and I have seen him ripped off in the past.....

if i was you I would put away my work and would have helped my uncle ,tbh

you are only 126mile away

Last edited:
i wouldnt put 10% on if he was like a father or brother to me cos its just gonna get added to the final invoice

i wouldnt put 10% on if he was like a father or brother to me cos its just gonna get added to the final invoice

As I have said and I thought that you Chap's appreciated Banter and it had a smilie after it I have NO INTENTION of asking for 10% it was mereley a joke!!! What I would like is someone who could do a job to a good standard to do this job! and I kinda thought that offering the job on the forum might jus help someone else but if everyone on here is too busy or too far away I understand it was merely an offer...

if i was you I would put away my work and would have helped my uncle ,tbh

you are only 126mile away

Thanks SGI, He has asked me to go this route as he is a bit concerned that I have no ins... and if I have a major prob he has no come back and would not want to fall out with me.....I have also said I would need a bed and he has no spare beds so it gets complicated and also I cannot really afford the time away especially as I am doing a T4TS course atm and need to concentrate on that more than doing jobs far from home.....He has had BAD people in the past and I have tried to help....But some people on here cannot see that I am basically putting a job up as a kinda freebie and if they had seen the smilie I would have thought they might just have twigged I was taking the Mickey!!!

if thats how you meant it then it didnt come across that way my apologies be more careful in future posts

I read it as a joke on the part of the 10%. But then that's the downfall of the written word. All down to interpretation.

I got the joke and liked it lol, but I am from the other side of derby and I don't think it would have the money in it to travel sorry ! I do hope tom can sort it for you mate. Its good that you have tried to sort it mate

I'll do it. Can you pick me up though? I need a new van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathroom refit FULL JOB in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock