Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Bathroom radiator hot on both hot water and central heating... in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Stigster

Stigster Plumber

I found that out the hard way when I was a 2nd year apprentice on my first shower replacement job. I piped up an exposed shower valve with nice neat chrome copper drops from the loft and used a couple of Tectite elbows up there without realising I needed to file away the plating. Already nervous as it was one of my first unsupervised jobs, I turned the supplies back on and they both blew off immediately. Water damage fortunately limited to the ceiling above the shower enclosure.

I was very grateful they went immediately instead of later that night at least. Lesson learned the hard way, as always.

2. S.P.S.

S.P.S. GSR

I would guess it’s down to the playing being harder than copper so the teeth can’t dig in.