Search the forum,

Discuss bath waste issue. water not draining away. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi gents and girls.

I have a problem.

Bath waste water wont flow down the waste pipe. Bath backs up when taps running.

(this is a whole new bath refurb and no, grout and adhesive residue was not washed in to bath)

So far, Ive taken off the trap and examined the pipe work for sediment. (hair etc) Both clean and clear.
However, whilst there is water in the bath and not draining, Ive noticed if i undo the trap cap nut slightly on the 40mm pipe side, i can hear air being sucked in and then the waste pipe clears?????

This bathroom is in a block of flats. yes its on the ground floor. (Positive pressure)???

Over to you professionals,

Is there a fall on the waste to the stack ?

Is the drainage stack sufficiently ventilated?

I believe so.

It's a block of flats. Built in The 2000s.

Ground floor. He bathrooms wall in between. However, the bathroom I installed , changed from a shower room to a bathroom.

Waste has a fall into the ground about 4oomm away into the branch boss.

Funnily enough the other bath is draining badly.

But toilets and basin in both bathrooms are ok.

Try a ventilated trap, else it still looks of blockage.

Thank gents.

Looks like it was blockage after all.

Historic build up through the years of sludge and silt around the boss coller below the branch at ground level.

Drain company came out. A cctv probe put in and then you could see the problem.

Brilliant evidence to prove it wasn't adhesive or grout the customer accused it of being.

Thanks for your comments.

Friday 13th has been good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bath waste issue. water not draining away. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom, initially thought it was the toilet, but after smelling the bath tub plug hole it appears to be coming from here. I removed the P trap and very little...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the centre of the plughole. My understanding is that this screw being loose means that water is able to leak out between the bath waste and the waste...
Replies
Views
Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where the pipe exits is where the obvious place for the bath waste to exit as well. Should I use separate waste pipes for the bath and the shower or can the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Installing 2 new bathrooms, property only had 1 bathroom and the waste went into a cast iron soil stack which has now been replaced. I really don't want to notch the joist to get the waste out. I was thinking can I run the waste connected together to the outside in 40mm? So the bath...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock