Search the forum,

Discuss bath taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mark9724

Hi, any assistance please.
Trying to remove bath taps from old steal bath. apart from working in the restricted space, my biggest problem is the tap nut will not undo, there seems to be what looks like orange gum around the nut and is rock hard to the touch. Tried turning the tap from above, still wont move at all.
Appreciate any help.

Could be putty and like Puddles says applying a bit of heat may help. Take care not to play the heat directly onto the bath surface or it will splinter the enamal coating

is this red led putty? Ive been told it wont come off if its the same stuff:(

and this is the reason even fairly straightforward jobs go **** up and people then say thats a lot of money to change some taps
it can turn out to be a 2 hour plus job and you quoted 40-50 quid

yep fraid so mate I hate to turn work down but recently I had a similar job on a bath and basin. The likelyhood was the basin was going to bust even with my jaw droppers on them solid as a rock

Thanks guys for the help. Tried applying heat & nothing, wouldn’t budge. Sweated out for about another hour and called it quits, advised customer = New bath. She said could you put in a new basin while you’re there (RESULT!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bath taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock