Search the forum,

Discuss Bath shower mixer hot/cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem was bath mixer going from hot to cold every few mins, I first thought it was a boiler problem but all other outlets are fine, so I changed the bath mixer taps to Bristan, the problem has now reduced to the temperature is staying the same but has constant drop and rise of around 2 degrees, I notice that the flexis underneath are crossed. My next step was maybe putting a check valve on the hot. Any ideas ?.
Additional info-
Combo boiler Worcester junior 28i
Boiler is less than 3m from bathroom.

You're unlikely to manage a properly constant temperature with a manual mixer on a combi, best bet imo is a thermostatic mixer. They're not cheap but they're a lot better than a manual mixer.
I put a manual mixer in my mums house about 10 years ago, still going strong, but the temp does fluctuate a bit, she has a combi too.
Doubt a check valve will help, your hot water is pretty much mains pressure on a combi, lower flow rate but similar pressure, so wouldn't think the cold overpowers the hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath shower mixer hot/cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google search showed some ideas on how to adjust it. i tried adjusting it and it didn't change the temp. when i adjusted it the other way to test the cold...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Hello, We hade a problem with our hot water not working in one of our bathroom's (all other outlets were working) Therefore we got the Thermostatic Shower Valve changed and everything was working again. However a few days later, both hot and cold no longer works for the bath and the hot...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock