Discuss Bath mixer tap with shower attachment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I fit a standard bath mixer tap with shower attachment to my system. I have mains pressure cold supply but the hot is low pressure from a hot water cylinder. Any advice would be greatfully recieved. Thanks

no as they require equal pressures

the only way you could do it is to pump your hot supply so it matches the same pressure as your cold (best option) or run a cold supply from your cold water tank

I know they may look a bit Mickey Mouse but I fitted 2 of these Boost Water Pressure and Flow With The Quietest Of In-Line Shower Pumps - Shower Power Booster
in-line on my hot side ( gravity fed ) (mains cold) for my shower and it has worked well for the last 3 yrs , there’s an Essex flange on my cylinder so it has an Independent supply and I had to fit a low pressure shower but the pressure is pretty good and they can apparently be used on taps. There is a few second delay as the switch picks up the flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath mixer tap with shower attachment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back