Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Bath draining problems in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. SMB

SMB Member

How long should an ordinary sized bath, full to the over flow take to drain.

It was not completely block, so we used a drain cleaner. The trap is completely clear and is now taking 5mins to drain.

The pipe is a straight run to the soil stack about 1.75m.

I think dog hair (don't ask!!!) may be clogging at the end of the pipe where it joins the soil stack. However I don't want to lift the floor unless I have too. Also I can't remember how long it took to drain when it was first put in.

Cheers.
    SMB

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Depends on a number of things. Does the basin drain ok when full to the top, or is that slow also?

3. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If you can remove the trap try a plumbers "snake" down the pipe . Its the cheapest way .

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I would say that's about right 16lpm

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. cr0ft

cr0ft Trusted Plumber GSR

When I've had problems with baths draining etc I undo the trap and get my wet vac on the waste pipework. Always cleared in seconds. Trap back on and jobs good!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stigster

Stigster Plumber

This can be very effective. I recently went to a job where the custard lived next to the beach and the bath was clogged with sand from when she gets straight off the beach and into the bath/shower. They had been putting acid down the drain which won't do anything to the sand. Then they tried a drain snake and it didn't help either because that won't clear much sand so I went round with my wet vac and pulled all the sand out in a few seconds. You can buy a decent enough wet vac for £50 these days. I have an Einhell bought around that price. An indispensable piece of kit for a plumber and useful for a householder to own too.