Search the forum,

Discuss Bath corroded on underside by deck taps and is leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Your help would be very much appreciated. I had a leak a few days ago first i noticed when dark spots appeared through my kitchen ceiling. I took off the bath panel noticed the floor board at the back of the bath by the mixer taps was soaking. I placed a towel underneath to try and dry the area before looking further. I noticed that the silicone by the bath and back wall had come away in a small section (i thought it was a small spot of black mould)

I also found i had a cracked tile so spent the weekend cutting out and replacing the tile and teh silicone around the whole bath.

I have just had a shower and checked and the leak is still there! I have taken a couple of photo's under the bath now and seen that there is some corrosion under the bath by the taps and this is most likely where i have the leak.

Any ideas on a fix. I don't want to replace the bath and taps if I can help it. I have uploaded a couple of photo's to show what I mean.

Your help very much appreciated.

Cheers, Joe

20170606_112523.jpg
20170606_112556.jpg

I would say removing the taps and putting some clear mastic between the taps and bath should sort you, also if you can replace the plastic nuts with brass ones

Also best to replace the flexible connections

Thats great, I will do just that. I was hoping for something like that. It might be that there is water just getting between the taps and bath because the corrosion means that there isn't a seal anyone. I will look at replacing the tails also. Push fit or copper? If copper I will need to get a soldering lamp! Thanks for the help.

Thats great, I will do just that. I was hoping for something like that. It might be that there is water just getting between the taps and bath because the corrosion means that there isn't a seal anyone. I will look at replacing the tails also. Push fit or copper? If copper I will need to get a soldering lamp! Thanks for the help.

Copper would be better but if you can't flexible tap connection will be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath corroded on underside by deck taps and is leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock