Search the forum,

Discuss Basin wrench advise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveyL88

Looking to buy a basin wrench obviously want a one that's gunna last a lifetime, been looking at Rothenberger Telescopic Spring Loaded Basin Wrench, wondered if it was any good much appreciated No.7.0225

Toolstation sell a kit (43610 and its £29.80inc vat)

I bought one and it's ok-ish. It's excellent when it fits the nuts, but it always seems to be just slightly the wrong size. Still, it's worth 30 quid all day long though.

I hate those spring loaded tap spanners, get an Armeg Jaw dropper...much better.

[DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/tools-consumables/tools/tap-fitting-tools/professional-tap-spanner-set.html"]Professional Tap Spanner Set - Tap Fitting Tools - Tools - Tools & Consumables | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies[/DLMURL]

got this from Ray couple of weeks ago, it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
[DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/tools-consumables/tools/tap-fitting-tools/professional-tap-spanner-set.html"]Professional Tap Spanner Set - Tap Fitting Tools - Tools - Tools & Consumables | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies[/DLMURL]

got this from Ray couple of weeks ago, it works.

Thats the set I was talking about. It's not bad, but never quite fits. still worth the £30!

Last edited by a moderator:
So, there's 2 sets in Manchester, they've got to be good.

Whatever ya buy, buy two. nowt worse than forgetting the teeth are smoothing and you can't get em to stop slipping.

Thanks for the replies everyone I'll have a look at the ones mentioned and make my decision .thanks agen��

I bought the armeg jaw droppers last week and wished i had sooner. Apparently they dont fit all backnuts. I bought a 15mm and 22mm backnut from screwfix and tried it on them, as it worked fine i have now stocked up on those so that i will always have a backnut to use when the supplied one does not fit.

monument without a doubt the best there is i find it best to throw the tommy bar away and use what ever is to hand if i need itscrewdriver etc you can fit a shifter on the hex on the end or if realy tight access a ratchet and socket not as good quality as they used to be but nothing is first one lasted 20 odd years and had two since that

Ive got a selection the cheap £3 crows foot, a monument wrench like the rothenberger just not telescopic a few back nut and bars and just pick which suits the job best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basin wrench advise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock