Search the forum,

Discuss Barnet - not ur hair! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys I've had about half a dozen calls from a nice friendly lady who says that she's from Barnet Council planning and they're putting together a booklet to help people who are asking for planning permission to build. It will feature only a few of each trade and the booklet will be available online as well as published. It will be valid for up to 2yrs, and could generate a lot of work. I've said no and NO NOOOOO!
This is surely a scam? Has anyone else had these calls recently?
I didn't even ask for the details- scammy scam scam written all over it.
Like the BLUE LIGHT one- may even have been the same nice friendly girl..

Yep no one looks at these books normally already got a builder on board etc

I've said it before and I'll say it again, everyone wants a slice of your pie!

Tell em to go make their own pie and get their eyes of mine!

Have you ever received a booklet like that from your your Council?
Have you ever seen a booklet like that from your council.

I bet if you advertise in that 'new' booklet you will receive a copy and maybe a few of your close neighbours.

Have you ever received a booklet like that from your your Council?
Have you ever seen a booklet like that from your council.

I bet if you advertise in that 'new' booklet you will receive a copy and maybe a few of your close neighbours.

Yeah! When I first stated out- naive and all that, I entertained the chat from the friendly lady and when it came to I had to pay I said no I'm not interested as I didn't have the money. Lo and behold a few weeks later I had the mag with my add in it and and invoice to be paid. To be honest it stressed me out and I panicked a little, it took several P off letters from me for them to stop harassing me, so maybe I'm on their- numpty list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Barnet - not ur hair! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
A
Hi folks, thought I'd post up looking for advice as I'm sure there will be people on here in the same situation (or have been in the past) as me. I'm a heating engineer with about 9 years experience in the domestic market and for the past year and a half I've been getting flooded with...
Replies
Views
whyyoumadbro
W
B
The new iPad is called..." New iPad" they must have been up all night thinking that one up. So far from keynote speech, live - • Apple announces new iPad, available 16 March • Confirms 'Retina Display', A5X processor and 5MP camera • Also adds LTE and voice dictation • iOS 5.1 announced; brings...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock