Search the forum,

Discuss Barking overjoyed with himself as RHI gets approval!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worcester

Esteemed
Plumber
Tweet:
@GregBarkerMP: Domestic #RHI done, dusted & all signed into law and ready to launch before Easter! Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen. #Growth

Had long chats recently with the guys behind the delivery of it at DECC and Ofgem - they are ready to go when Barking pushes the switch.

Just bear mind that just because a product is on the MCS list, or a system has been certified under MCS, it DOES NOT MEAN it will qualify for RHI!! That is going to catch a bunch of people out. - Some Heat Pumps and some Biomass boilers may have qualified for the RHPP, they won;t get the RHI though because of either the product or the installation, also a shed load of solar thermal installations won't qualify either.

Fully functional?

I've read the document and it's all there, although inconsistent with best installation design in a few instances, they are aware about this and a revision / consultation process is already scheduled for late summer to pick up those anomolies.

e.g:
1) Bi-valency, if you use a biomass boiler as the bi-valent part of a heat pump installation, no RHI for the biomass, so still encouraging fossil based oil/lpg for that part. - nonsense!
2)Solar thermal: if it goes into a thermal store, or the excess is used to heat a pool, then the whole solar thermal system doesn't qualify for the RHI so no payment at all.

I'm happy though :):party: just had three large installations confirmed today on the back of it :)

I hear what you are saying about certain boilers not being eligible for RHI, much of this is due to the recertification against new emissions standards...
Its looking to put a LOT of the smaller freestanding pellet stove boilers out of the equation, and (thankfully) some of the lower end pellet boilers out too. - Hopefully that will help me out, as I don't quote for cheap, high maintenance boilers and have lost a fair few jobs this year where others have quoted against me with a cheap, bag fed, manually de-ashed boiler, compared to an ETA with a vacuum fed bulk store...

Annoying, but I guess if they are happy to be tending their boiler every other day and dealing with inevitable breakdowns....
Not frustrating at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Pipes, we also install ETA and HDG, no two ways they are the top dogs (Ok someone else say froling and windhager :) )

After lots of enquiries and discussions with customers, and heaps of market research and attending a wide range of manfacturers training courses we have recently added the Klover range to our portfolio for those not wanting to do it alltemselves / looking for a lower entry point - check them out at Firepower Heating UK - www.FirepowerHeating.co.uk

It sounds like we are in a similar place in terms of brands!

I also spec Klover boilers where the customer doesn't want to go for an ETA or HDG (Windhager & Froling seem a little too much ÂŁ for the equivalent models to me). They seem like a decent product at a middle of the road price point, plus some of their rage cooker boilers are interesting.

We do quite a bit of work with the guys at Firepower already, picking up a fair few installs and leads form them on the wet system and link up side, as well as their Biomass equipment which seems to be gaining momentum.
I quite like dealing with them as a company too, which is always a bonus :)

Please be aware that new particulate and NOX emissions standards will be introduced in April 2014 which will mean that the Klover PB 24 Utility Boiler will no longer be eligible for the RHI. However any Klover PB 24 Utility Boiler installed and commissioned before the scheme begins in April 2014 will be eligible for the full RHI grant ?

Are they on top of this or is this true?

Apparently they are going through a redesign and recertification at the minute according to Andy Bell at firepower...
Worth bearing in mind though... Just in case!

Please be aware that new particulate and NOX emissions standards will be introduced in April 2014 which will mean that the Klover PB 24 Utility Boiler will no longer be eligible for the RHI. However any Klover PB 24 Utility Boiler installed and commissioned before the scheme begins in April 2014 will be eligible for the full RHI grant ?

Please be aware that new particulate and NOX emissions standards will be introduced in April 2014

True
which will mean that the Klover PB 24 Utility Boiler will no longer be eligible for the RHI.

True, though they hope to have it certified by the time it matters
However any Klover PB 24 Utility Boiler installed and commissioned before the scheme begins in April 2014 will be eligible for the full RHI grant ?

True
They are aware and are working to get it certified, they are confident it will pass.

O.k. Might take a look then as they are reasonably priced. Do they charge to attend their training course?

Yes, that way people turn up :) And then you get it back off future purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Barking overjoyed with himself as RHI gets approval!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock