Search the forum,

Discuss Banging from hot basin tap when on low flow??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi if anyone could help that would be brilliant. I've got a long banging noise coming from 3 basin mixer taps but only on the hot side when run on a really rate? I was going to change the tap washers but only being on the hot and all 3 I was wondering if someone suspected anything else going on? It's a boiler with a cylinder system. Thanks!

Is it just this hot tap making the noise or all of them ?

i would check the others as if its just the one its either the tap or washer inside the tap

but if its all its something more

Could be the tap insert at fault replacements are available from Toolstation or screwfix its better to remove the faultly one and take it with you when replacing these they are not universal, also check the ballvalve in your cold water storage tank which supplies your hot water cylinder run your hot water taps to drop the level in the tank isolate the taps and monitor the valve as it fills and then switches off these can vibrate and bang as they close . cheers kop

Thanks for all your replies, just started as a new build plumber so trying to branch to older systems. Don't learn enough on site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Banging from hot basin tap when on low flow??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock