Search the forum,

Discuss Ball Park Price Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone could give me a rough ball park cost for the following work that would be great. Had two very different quotes and wanted to see who is more realistic

Supply and replace 3 port valve head on cylinder

Supply and fit new cylinder thermostat

Rewire central heating controller to provide independent control of heating and hot water

Manual flush of 5 radiators

Thanks a lot

i would allow a day for the flush, and another day for the 3 port to an s plan system (hate 3 ports) and cylinder stat and wiring but depends what state the wirings in

dont you already have independent control of the system?

Too many variables mate and we shouldn’t really give quotes on the open forum as prices can vary massively around the country.
What make head?
Is there additional cost of you find that whole valve needs replacing?
Vented or unvented cylinder?
Is the current wiring a dogs dinner?
Is accessibility good?
Manual power flush?? Radiators off system and blasted through with hose in the garden or actual power flush with proper chemicals and flushing machine??

i would allow a day for the flush, and another day for the 3 port to an s plan system (hate 3 ports) and cylinder stat and wiring but depends what state the wirings in

dont you already have independent control of the system?
Was about to type earlier as above then got distracted with the kids yet again:rolleyes:. If he has quoted for the above why not do it all properly and change it to an s plan? Also about a day and a half/2 days. Dependent on the state of inside the rads and pipework. Some engineers logic confuses me.

Hi chaps and thanks a lot for taking the time to reply

Basically I can’t turn my heating on without turning on the hot water. Plumber thinks the valve head is stuck so will replace it, maybe even with a 2 port (can’t remember exactly what he said) and then rewire to get the independent control

Does that make sense?

The radiator flush is an attempt to get them
Working again as they are currently stone cold

how old is the pump?

Ps been quoted 280 and then 500 quid so big difference

Vented cylinder
Radiators flushed manually with hose
Good access and wiring not bad

Ps been quoted 280 and then 500 quid so big difference

Vented cylinder
Radiators flushed manually with hose
Good access and wiring not bad

mmm 280 is too cheap theres about 100 of parts so thats 140 either hes missed the flush or doing it all in half a day to three quarters

Rads at the mo don’t work and make a popping noise across the system

Only the ones nearest the boiler heat up

Will flushing em sort that?

dont know but doesnt sound like it all rads would be the same

normally ground floor have the more issue

Hi chaps and thanks a lot for taking the time to reply

Basically I can’t turn my heating on without turning on the hot water. Plumber thinks the valve head is stuck so will replace it, maybe even with a 2 port (can’t remember exactly what he said) and then rewire to get the independent control

Does that make sense?

The radiator flush is an attempt to get them
Working again as they are currently stone cold
You can’t turn your heating on without hot water,has this always been the case or something that’s recently happened? If you had independent control of hw & ch before then I can’t see the need for the rewire unless he’s changing it from a Y plan to an S plan.Are your radiators stone cold even when you put hw on like you said earlier to get Ch working ? Sounds to me like it’s one fault that needs fixing

It’s always been the case mate.

He’s had a go today, the new valve is on but the sparky didn’t turn up so not wired lol

Rads were really gungy inside but now the system is back on we have the same problem

Towel radiator next to cylinder red hot, next radiator quite hot then the rest really struggling to get hot at all

Also a popping sound from inside the ones that do work

System was drained and bled today too

I’m at a loss! Not paid him yet either

Could it be the pump? It’s an old one that was put on before the boiler was replaced in 2013. The boiler is not the problem it’s a wordester and is working well

:D pump

thought you said it was only 4 years old

Could you take few pictures of your set up,ideally airing cupboard/where your hw cylinder is thanks

*just to clarify,if you put CH only on does the boiler fire up an pump runs? If you put hw only on do your radiators heat up?

The 3port valve body looks new as to the actuator that’s on it...it looks mashed

The metallic rectangular box that’s on top of the brass body

The silver box on top. It looks like a cheap diverter valve.
Random question. You haven’t changed the timer recently have you?

The silver thing on top is new today

Flomasta or something

Sorry really thick again how do i change the timer?

Thanks a lot for all the replies i really appreciate it

I would do valves as well so full drain down. Check to see if it is spinning first.

Put it this way the pumps the same age as me :D

The silver box on top. It looks like a cheap diverter valve.
Random question. You haven’t changed the timer recently have you?

Think screwfix special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ball Park Price Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock