Discuss Ball cock Valve in the water tank? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, Just looking for some confirmation.

I replaced a plastic part which looked a little worn in my cistern 2weeks ago as my toilet tank was not filing up after flushing(squirting out - not opening/closing) but in the last few days the cold water pipe at times, makes vibration sounds (Usually when a tap is turned off quickly) but has also made the noise when no water has been running on a few occasions.

I have put of all water supplies in the house to ensure it was not the air in the pipes, but this didn't make any difference.

Since changing over the plastic piece within the toilet tank, the water now fills up, but a continous drip constantly drops in to the toilet basin (over filling) -
After looking at a few things online, can anybody confirm if replacing the ball cock valve completely will fix the problem and stop the vibrations sounds currently being heard in the cold water pipes?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards
Craig.

Yes it should do and if the vibration noise has only started since the ball valve problem yes should fix that also

Many thanks Shaun. The noise has only started since replacing the seal. Fingers crossed that changing the full valve will correct this.

TBH they never make anything to last these days (doing them self out of a job) and the quality of the replacement washers these days arnt the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ball cock Valve in the water tank? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back