Search the forum,

Discuss Balancing heating question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adam80

I am thinking of balancing my heating system. On my landing there is a room stat with a radiator opposite. Does this radiator need balancing too or should the valves be fully open?

Stat opposite a rad. Thats great for your gas bill but carp at trying to warm the house , unless its turned right up .

i presume its not got any trv on it?

i would turn that one off first and open the one furthest from boiler up fully open then work your way back to the boiler. opening each l/s one turn on, then finally the hall rad 1/2 turn on.
should heat whole place before stat is satisfied.

Hi Adam, sorry to be a Doris but unless you are confident in replacing a leaking radiator valve I would not recomend touch them. See about one in five lockshield valves leak soon as you turn it.

There is a thread in the sticky section of this sub forum called "Croppies balancing thread"
You may think it concerns a perverted old man performing circus tricks, but you'd be wrong
It's quite iformative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Balancing heating question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock