Search the forum,

Discuss Bahco Spanners, what size? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
knipex cobra are the dogs. and i have tried almost every make of grips and they are the best for me.

I hate cobra's. I can't be bothered with the button and the infinite number of adjustments.
I'm an alligator man myself. 2 for 8 3 for 10 4 for 15 6 for 22 and 7 for inch (positions on a 250mm) i don't even need to look.
Like the new ones even more as they will take an inch and half.

I've got a pair of 6" spanners from Bahco. Really impressed with them, so much so that they are the only spanners I need for domestic work. Well them and my pair of stilsons for heavy duty stuff in airing cupboards.

i own a set of 12inch cobras and cant stand them them button is awkward and there is to many settings, im an alligator man m,self although ive found lately that my pliers wrench assigned my adjustables to the backup box. the pliers wrench is used for holding fittings and for 15mm compression nuts i use a 24x26mm double open ended spanner and a 32x30mm double open ended spanner (both stahlwille) for 22mm compression nuts.

off set hex wrench.........by Ridgid......bahco's are ok, i have the full set.......foot prints for me are the best.....bahco jaws tend to slip imo

got annoyed the other week, so brought brand new Bahco Ergo spanners 6" 8" 10" 12" ..beaaautttiffullllll!!!!.

The 8 inch wide jaws my weapon of choice. Used on most things rather than bigger shifters

get your self a pair of 7 inch thumbturn footprints they take a bit of getting used to as they only work in one direction but they lock on unlike pump pliers which rely on how strong your grip is

A good set of pump pliers should lock in if you're using in the right direction. Some good looking stuff in this thread.

I've got 6 and 8 inch banco WJ scanners and tbh, the 6 inch is the most useful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's not the length - it's how you use them.

OOPS! Wrong forum ...

Spend about ÂŁ15 and get a set of Knipex aligators. You will never use an inferior set of grips again.
The alligators are rubbish imo they always catch when adjusting the jaw size which wears them out over time. Spend the extra and get the Cobras

The alligators are rubbish imo they always catch when adjusting the jaw size which wears them out over time. Spend the extra and get the Cobras

No they don't. The only thing that wears out on them are the teeth and the dipped handles after about 2 or 3 years if you use them enough. You won't notice until you buy a new set.
Cobras are excellent too but suffer the same fate.

Thumbturn are fake Footprints. Footprint (the company) make Footprints Eh? I don't understand this, pump pliers work on the exact same principle

Footprint (original Footprint company) made thumb turn grips too. They weren't a great success and are not to be confused with the inferior imitations by draper or whoever else is still making them. Although pump pliars work on the same principle as footprints, if you are strong enough to hold them shut you can use them backwards to an extent. You won't ever be able to hold footprints tight enough to go backwards.

Hello everyone.

Just got my 18" Bahco... IN CHROME

(smuggly nodding)

I thought id post this pic of these Bahco,s i recently got of an industrial dealer i know.

GJ 833.jpg

Nice adjustables adam, not sure about the grips though.
Not my cup o tea. :nonod:

The Bahco's are different to the ones we use. Are they wide jaw?
The Knipex are excellent grips. Ratchet action for polished nuts. Retail around ÂŁ45-50 for a 10" set. Those look like 180's

There not grips as such, their called knipex-pliers wrench and are for gripping nuts and bolts rather than round stock. They work very well, particularly on chrome/fancy fittings as they dont allow any movement of the jaws, bit pricey though but the 12" version is really good on pump nuts.

The Bahco's are different to the ones we use. Are they wide jaw?
The Knipex are excellent grips. Ratchet action for polished nuts. Retail around ÂŁ45-50 for a 10" set. Those look like 180's

They are described on the packageing as heavy-duty wide capacity but they allow zero play on nuts and bolts. Idont use them alot as the side nut isnt very to use with one hand which is a big minus in our game, the pliers wrench is 10" although do want up a smaller one for more fine work and tight spaces.

Guys, have none of you got the latest Irega SWO's ? Make Bahco look like something out of Wickes !

Irega are my spanners of choice hands down, quality wise there isnt a better maker in Europe Imho.

All my Irega adjustables operate smoothly with minimal jaw movement, the fit and finnish is second to none, check out the new Bahcos where the jaws wont line up squarely and you will see what i mean.

All my Irega adjustables operate smoothly with minimal jaw movement, the fit and finnish is second to none, check out the new Bahcos where the jaws wont line up squarely and you will see what i mean.

He may have just been saying this but I was talking to a rep from Dewalt who used for work for Bahco and he said most of their manufacturing is now done in the far east. If this is the case then it could account for the slight drop in quality. I always notice how all the Bahco's I see hanging up these days are coated in a really sticky thick oil/grease around the adjustment mechanism. With the Iregas, they come almost as dry as a bone but there is not grating or play on the mechanism. I can't help thinking that the excessive muck on the Bahco's is to cover up the slop on the jaws??

Last edited by a moderator:
All bahco adjustable wrenches are manufactured by a company in Spain called Irimo, Bahco, Irimo, Palmera, Lindstrom, Belzer and irizola are part of a company called SNA Europe, this is the European arm of the American company Snap-on, most of these companies manufacturing has been consolidated into one huge factory in Spain. Bahco adjustable wrench production left Sweden in 2008. As far as i know bahco only makes their new line of mechanics tools in the far east along with Snap-ons other brands Blue-point and some of the JH Williams stuff.

All bahco adjustable wrenches are manufactured by a company in Spain called Irimo, Bahco, Irimo, Palmera, Lindstrom, Belzer and irizola are part of a company called SNA Europe, this is the European arm of the American company Snap-on, most of these companies manufacturing has been consolidated into one huge factory in Spain. Bahco adjustable wrench production left Sweden in 2008. As far as i know bahco only makes their new line of mechanics tools in the far east along with Snap-ons other brands Blue-point and some of the JH Williams stuff.

Okay, informative. Thanks Adam.

Generally Adam is correct, however I would just like to confirm that Bahco continue to make the VAST majority of their hand tools within the Bahco factories in Europe. There are some joint initiatives with group memebers for some of the products on the fringe of the offering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bahco Spanners, what size? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock