Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Bahco or Monument (wrenches, spanners and stiltons) in the Plumbing Tools area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
?

What's The Best...

1. Bahco

2. Monument

3. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. gmartine

gmartine GSR

I guess this is why they last...

• Like Like x 1
  2. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Sweet i use em myself good post bud. Cheers kop

3. marvoni

marvoni Active Member

Those wide jaw monument adjustable spanners are damn handy. I bought one of the smaller ones and it fits nuts that you normally need a spanner that's three times the length. They're also much thinner than normal adjustable jaws and they taper down to a few millimeters at the tips so you really can get them places you'd otherwise have no chance of getting an adjustable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sammathias

sammathias GSR

Bacho adjustables, knipex grips,wera screwdrivers and spanners! Bacho pipeslices i find decent...mixed reviews but cant stand the kopex ones which just spiral the pipe.

5. Dkdc71

Dkdc71 Member

Do ridgid still do the lifetime guarantee on their stilsons ?had two robbed on me and one lad liked the look of my ridgid spud wrench apprentice left it behind thought it was safe went back the next day and it had gone and the Bas***d on the job was gone as well

6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yes against breakage / snapping

• Like Like x 1
  7. peter0504030201

peter0504030201 New Member

8. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Member

I've a Nerrad Stubby adjustable amongst my range of spanners - brillant tool especially for tight spaces.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Member

What do you reckon are the best spanners / wrenches for pump valve unions.

Replacing pumps is where you could definitely do with a 3rd hand - that's if you ain't got an apprentice :)

10. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Monument pump spanner is very good.
    So much leverage, you have to be careful not to overdo tightening.
    It is a very long spanner though and can be cumbersome in tight spots.

• Useful Useful x 1