Search the forum,

Discuss Bahco differences? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I've seen a lot of posts on bahco adjustables but what has been boggling my mind is what are the differences between the 6071, 8071, 9071 ect ? As far as I know bahco are now owned by snap on who also make quality tools, are the modern spanners that bad? Please post your thoughts opinions and experiences I'm intrigued!

Really the wording about each Bahco adjustable tells you the details.
The first number in the code is I think for the size of spanner - the 8071 is 8 inch long.
Some of the Bahcos have extra wide jaws (excellent) or thinner, some have longer handles, or rubber on handle. Also some are a chrome steel rustless metal.
They are all still very good quality IMO, although the Swedish made I think are just slightly better. I own 2 Swedish 8" and one wide jaw Spanish made Bahcos and can't fault them

Last edited:
Really the wording about each Bahco adjustable tells you the details.
The first number in the code is I think for the size of spanner - the 8071 is 8 inch long.
Some of the Bahcos have extra wide jaws (excellent) or thinner, some have longer handles, or rubber on handle. Also some are a chrome steel rustless metal.
They are all still very good quality IMO, although the Swedish made I think are just slightly better. I own 2 Swedish 8" and one wide jaw Spanish made Bahcos and can't fault them

The first number isn't the size best, its the model range.

The first number isn't the size best, its the model range.

My mistake. :smile: Thanks for pointing that out Tolly. Unfortunately I can't edit my post now. Some of the Mods can remove that part of my post if they want.

The main difference is that thieves recognise good quality when they walk past it, so don't leave them lying around, they have never been cheap!

Well I don't know if I have been robbed or not but I recently won a beautiful set of 4 bacon 06 series.

4 X Bahco Adjustable Spanners Wrench 12"/ 10"/ 8"/ 6" - V-Steel - Sweden | eBay

hopefully that link works, I used them today and I was thoroughly impressed although, I do feel I could do with a wide jaw one now. But I started this thread because there is no information on the interweb about the 06 series or the evolutions of the bahco spanner. So any more light on the matter will be appreciated.

Best adjustable money can buy & will last a lifetime & beyond.
I inherited my dads original Bahco he had as an apprentice Engineer. Now in region of 50yrs old.
I have this along with a 9031 & 8070 in my tool bag getting used every day.
I have a few others kicking about in other toolboxes.

The 60.... model is an old discontinued version.

Best adjustable money can buy & will last a lifetime & beyond.
I inherited my dads original Bahco he had as an apprentice Engineer. Now in region of 50yrs old.
I have this along with a 9031 & 8070 in my tool bag getting used every day.
I have a few others kicking about in other toolboxes.

The 60.... model is an old discontinued version.

Would be awful if you lost your Dads old Bahco. Irreplaceable both in quality and because of its history. I would want to retire it and cherish it. :smile:
I have got annoyed several times when I thought I had lost my late fathers Bahco adjustable, but always a relief when it turned up again. I have decided to stop taking it to jobs as I may not miss it for a while and lose it because I have 2 other similar Bahcos

Still sad about losing my favourite bahco spanner a few years back in the snow.

Still sad about losing my favourite bahco spanner a few years back in the snow.

I remember you saying that in a post ages ago. Probably stuck in my mind because I would hate that to happen. Nothing worse than knowing roughly where you have dropped something and still unable to find it.
I think I would have put a flag up at the spot and returned to search again when the thaw started. :smile:

I remember you saying that in a post ages ago. Probably stuck in my mind because I would hate that to happen. Nothing worse than knowing roughly where you have dropped something and still unable to find it.
I think I would have put a flag up at the spot and returned to search again when the thaw started. :smile:

I did go back once the snow had gone. No sign. But thats what happens when you have to climb over walls to get at a snowbound frozen oil line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bahco differences? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock