Search the forum,

Discuss Baffled by this system? Can't see a pump... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give up. The pump is connected to the flow and return pipes from this system boiler and are connected to the heating coil in the cylinder. The boiler doesn't have water in and out pipes, so how can the pump in the boiler push water to any taps? Have you thought about what you're saying. Experts still telling me there's a pump in the boiler. The pump in the boiler has nothing to do with the hot water, its just for heating the rads and/or cylinder. Are you saying that the central heating water that's been going round the rads suddenly comes out of the tap. The two circuits are completely independent.

you are a star :) love you so mush

now is time for this DRAMA to come to end , before some one start showering with the water from the ch system

I didn't think I'd need to explain that the tank pushes the water out the top as the cold water enters the bottom from the tank. I've got an A in physics GCSE. I didn't think you needed one of those to have a bit of common sense like that. Missing links.

Can this thread be locked before people start calling this bloke a c*** or a p**** or a bell end. Oh that ones ok! There's a pump in the boiler. There's a pump in the boiler. There .... Is ..... A..... Pump..... In..... The..... Boiler!!!! A pump! In the boiler! It's in the friggin boiler! You've been told countless times. Now sod off and stop antagonising the good folk on here.

Quality rant! :)

Quality rant! :)

So how does the pump push hot water to the taps if its not connected to the hot water pipes??? Have you thought about what you're saying or do you not have a bull**** filter in your brain.

The water in the hot water cylinder (It's a cylinder not a tank) has nothing to do with the Y plan. The Y plan is the set of controls that enable the boiler to heat up the water in the cylinder (yes cylinder not tank). This y plan requires a pump to work. This is known as the primary side.

Delivery of hot water does not require a pump but this is not what you asked. You asked if a y plan needed a pump, and it does.

P.S. it's not a tank in the loft it's a cold water storage cistern and it doesn't push the water out of the top of the cylinder. It's the head of water in the cistern that generates a force that pushes the water out of the top of the cylinder.

P.P.S my A level in physics trumps your GCSE.

I'm waiting for you lot to ridicule me again?? I thought you were experts you're supposed to be telling me how wrong I am because I don't know anything about plumbing....

You OGBUzzard are an absolute moron!
I reckon I could explain this to my 12 year old nephew and he would have a better grasp on than you do.
As much use as Anne Franks drum kit!!

Post 76 explains it in laymans terms, if you need us to repeat it we can do it slower for you

So how does the pump push hot water to the taps if its not connected to the hot water pipes??? Have you thought about what you're saying or do you not have a bull**** filter in your brain.
keep swearing and i will remove you,your system only needs a pump for heating the hots either under gravity pressure or mains depending on the system type

So what plan would you call it if its not a y plan? It has a v4703a valve. A cylinder stat. A system boiler. A hot water cylinder with supply cistern. A Honeywell programmer and a room stat.

So what plan would you call it if its not a y plan? It has a v4703a valve. A cylinder stat. A system boiler. A hot water cylinder with supply cistern. A Honeywell programmer and a room stat.

A fully PUMPED y plan system

No one said it is anything but a Y plan. You seem to be confusing booster pumps for hot water with the central heating pump incorporated in the system boiler.

Its either of these. Please feel free to ridicule me again if I'm wrong.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372882617122.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372882617122.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 68

We'll call it whatever you want it to be called princess

This guy has to be on a windup, no one can be as stupid as to miss the answers to the questions he has asked this many times. I would be surprised if he makes it through every day life without wearing a helmet.

This guy has to be on a windup, no one can be as stupid as to miss the answers to the questions he has asked this many times. I would be surprised if he makes it through every day life without wearing a helmet.

Helmets don't wear helmets

I've been told a y plan needs a pump. I know the boiler has a pump i opened it up and looked at it. All I was asking in my original question is can a system like this work without a pump. In answer to that i got no a y plan must have a pump. And that its not a y plan. Now everyone's saying oh yeah it is a y plan oh yeah this oh yeah that. So now it is a y plan. What bloody system doesn't have a pump on the central heating??? Does anyone here think before they comment. As per usual the original point has been lost and its descended into a slanging match... Congratulations. Anyway its all working now and I have taught myself how a y plan system works and rewired it myself. In a day. Not 3 years at chav college. Cheers

You are having a laugh aren't you. As safe gas instal and countless others have told you the hot water isn't/ doesn't require a pump in this case because its gravity fed from the cistern to the tank, from the tank to the multiple draw off points (sorry didn't mean to confuse you, taps or shower valve). Please tell us all this a wind up.

You OGBUzzard are an absolute moron!
I reckon I could explain this to my 12 year old nephew and he would have a better grasp on than you do.
As much use as Anne Franks drum kit!!

That's a good quote, will remember that one!

Nobody on this thread suggested that the pump *does* push water to the taps. You were asking about wiring the pump to the wiring centre. That would be the circulator, which is inside the boiler as so many people have said so often. You are on a wind-up. I call troll!

The op has been reported for insulting the trade, which he has on a number of occasions.

But like Gas man I've not laughed so much in ages so I think I'll just monitor this one for a wee while and have a chat with GM over what to do with chummy....

APPlumbing I must remember to smack your thighs later for your throwing of your dummy lol

the op has certainly not endeared himself to the forum and i will be joining the discussion with Gas Man and croppie later

I insulted the trade because I was being insulted myself. I never posted in the hope of getting in a row.

I insulted the trade because I was being insulted myself. I never posted in the hope of getting in a row.

Yes you did, several times. You've wired it. It's working. So what more do you want from here if it isn't an argument?

and the cylinder is on the same level as the bathroom. (2 bed flat all one floor). Am I being foolish or does the cylinder not always have to have a pump to feed hot taps? I'm sorting out the wiring with a 10 block connector strip but every wiring diagram has a pump and a boiler connection...? All i can do is wire it up with whats there and i cant see a pump...Any ideas?
Follow this from the first quote if you can: contradiction, denial, incompetence> In summary I think this is a brilliant wind up, Just hope it was not someone being serious:speechless:

Am I the only one here who has the vision of him putting the valve on the DHW outlet of the cylinder and scratching his head trying to work out where to put the pump?

I bet if you have wired it off those sheets as a basic Y plan it is not wired correctly and the warranty (If it has been installed by a GSR will be void)

Remember those kids painting books where you paint by numbers? masterpiece worthy of the great impressionists. May be not a good analogy.:willy_nilly:

Follow this from the first quote if you can: contradiction, denial, incompetence> In summary I think this is a brilliant wind up, Just hope it was not someone being serious:speechless:

Its not a contradiction. At first I thought the hot water must need to be pumped but I couldn't see one anywhere, so I was worried there could be one tucked away somewhere. Today I was enlightened as to how the hot water gets to the taps. Pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baffled by this system? Can't see a pump... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock