Search the forum,

Discuss Baffled by this system? Can't see a pump... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep one of my colleagues is coming down to the job in a few days he's ex British gas was with them for 20 years so he'll be able to sort it just thought I'd ask about whether the pump was needed. I will still wire it up as it was because it was working fine before. Thanks anyway guys.
This will be fun ex BG & a pretend electrician ! do you want them in your house ?? :willy_nilly:

Please do not mess with things like this. It may only be electrics to you but electric can very easily kill someone, and you could easily kill someone too. You clearly do not know what you are doing.

Listen you lot need to calm down I'm doing a favour for someone because they're getting the cupboard re plastered where the wiring centre was. I appreciate your concern but I do know what I'm doing I'm just putting it back how it was. No one is going to get hurt. I've put it back this morning while on the phone to my colleague and it all works fine. The old British gas apprenticeships were actually very good and two of the best plumbers I know have worked for British gas when they started out. its like Lego really I wasn't in college the day they did wiring centres. All I wanted to know was should there be a pump in the system... I'm not a pretend electrician and I don't really appreciate all the insults. This always happens in forums people getting lemon cos they're hiding behind a computer screen. Anyway thanks for all the really really useful advice and help still no one able to answer the pretty simple question. Next time I won't bother. Jeez

If you are not a pretend electrician then you must be qualified. If it was simple to you then you wouldn't be asking!

It could still work but you have just lived up the cylinder. Things like this have happened, hence why you shouldn't touch it if you have issues. Go on a free course and find out how it all works before you mess in soneones house.

There are many people that bodge because a little knowledge is dangerous. You should see some of the gas jobs we come across because people think that they know what they are doing and clearly dont. You can't see most electricity, you can't see carbon monoxide. We are only looking out for your back.

Mate you have been told several times where the pump is, so you have had the answer to your question, and clearly you didn't understand what you were being told, so that is why you were getting sarcastic replies .

Listen you lot need to calm down I'm doing a favour for someone because they're getting the cupboard re plastered where the wiring centre was. I appreciate your concern but I do know what I'm doing I'm just putting it back how it was. No one is going to get hurt. I've put it back this morning while on the phone to my colleague and it all works fine. The old British gas apprenticeships were actually very good and two of the best plumbers I know have worked for British gas when they started out. its like Lego really I wasn't in college the day they did wiring centres. All I wanted to know was should there be a pump in the system... I'm not a pretend electrician and I don't really appreciate all the insults. This always happens in forums people getting lemon cos they're hiding behind a computer screen. Anyway thanks for all the really really useful advice and help still no one able to answer the pretty simple question. Next time I won't bother. Jeez

Mate, your question was answered three or four times. The pump is inside the boiler. You apparently don't know the difference between a shower pump and a central heating pump, nor between a direct and indirect cylinder. These are alarmingly simple things that anyone working even on the fringes of heating systems should know. Are you surprised that people were concerned about your ability to do the work safely?

If you are not a pretend electrician then you must be qualified. If it was simple to you then you wouldn't be asking!

It could still work but you have just lived up the cylinder. Things like this have happened, hence why you shouldn't touch it if you have issues. Go on a free course and find out how it all works before you mess in soneones house.

There are many people that bodge because a little knowledge is dangerous. You should see some of the gas jobs we come across because people think that they know what they are doing and clearly dont. You can't see most electricity, you can't see carbon monoxide. We are only looking out for your back.
But some people wont listen, they think they know best ! probably been looking on u'tube

This one is very simple, if you don't know, then don't play. Fine, you might know a bit about electrics, but that won't help you in this. I know a couple of sparks who've been in the trade for years but won't wire heating systems.

Won't be much of a favour if you fry the pcb on the boiler.

Its done. Everything's working fine. Thanks for all the really useful advice and help. Turns out its just like Lego. As I said before I wasn't in college the day they did wiring centres. No ones hurt no need to call the police everyone can relax.

Glad you got through this, but you do worry me. Did all your continuity checks ZE, ZS PFC work out ok?

Glad you got through this, but you do worry me. Did all your continuity checks ZE, ZS PFC work out ok?

Trouble is that he didn't worry himself. Still what's the 'absolute' worst that could happen. A short burns the house down and kills somebody. Still if that happens he won't do it again.

I'm not an electrician so no I didn't but the sparky on their job will be doing all that. I'll PM all of you a photo of the test results then you may finally be able to sleep. It really isn't a big deal, I've seen some plumbers out there that can't spell and look like the missing link, and they seem to be able to wire it up ok. Being a plumber doesn't require MENSA membership and some of you need to pull yourselves out of your own arses. Wages for plumbing these days are bloody terrible anyway I don't envy you. I do my own plumbing and for friends and family so they don't get ripped off by jumped up labourers with a spanner. I'm a refurb contractor and I know enough about every trade not to get mugged off.

Ah that explains everything you know a little of every trade and not a lot about all of them then if you can't differentiate between systems

HAHAHAHA I was the one answering my own questions here, no one helped one bit. I told you lot it was a y plan. I worked that out because of the components in the system, and the fact it had a v4703 mid pos valve. All I wanted to know was whether every system needs a pump, I thought it might have been under their floor or something. I still didn't get the answer, someone even said "a y plan won't work without a pump". I wish I'd never asked to be honest. Thanks though for all the really really useful advice.

You got the answer 4+ times. You really havent got a clue! You say that plumbers dont have to be mensa but at least be able to read what others are saying to you!

Are you part P? If not why are you wiring it anyway? What happens if something goes wrong in between the time you finish and the sparks test it and burns the house down. I bet they wont appreciate that favour!

You don't need to be part p if you let your LBAC know you are doing the work and they check it off, check it out, more scaremongering. High horse needs a break I've got a high trough he can have a drink out of.

HAHAHAHA I was the one answering my own questions here, no one helped one bit. I told you lot it was a y plan. I worked that out because of the components in the system, and the fact it had a v4703 mid pos valve. All I wanted to know was whether every system needs a pump, I thought it might have been under their floor or something. I still didn't get the answer, someone even said "a y plan won't work without a pump". I wish I'd never asked to be honest. Thanks though for all the really really useful advice.
Yes you did get the answer ! the pump is in the boiler, its that you did not understand the system you were messing around with !!Your so smart how do you think the water & heating work with out a pump. Its a bit rude to say that you got no help, next you will be bragging how you sorted out this fault, and how no one on this site could not sort it, I think you have just been very lucky that you did not cause any damage.

h-vaillant-system.jpg

simples.

no pump.

Hot water circulates down over all on it's own now! Your ignorance astounds me.

So simple that you only now found a pictures of it and you were looking for a pump that didn't exist?

I'm glad you have it sorted but you really don't seem to understand what's being said here.

I'm glad you do all you're own plumbing work. So does this guy:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372872610.225059.jpg

Simple as the diagram shows or should we call it a basic sketch which if you take for gospel would never work. Further more with the electrical work, the EWR require you to have sufficient experience and knowledge to carry out the work safely and not cause danger to any person. Basically qualified and tested, not just wired by numbers.

If you don't like the replies you get, you shouldn't be getting too arsey with people you might need more advice in the future.

I have Part P but not a load of experience so usually have someone giving me pointers when i'm doing any wiring. People were trying to help and you were told where the pump was.

Also sounds like you watch too many Danny Dyer films.

Why are we still feeding the troll lads? We all know that he knows diddly squat - the questions he asked give that away. Now he's just on a wind-up.

Why are we still feeding the troll lads? We all know that he knows diddly squat - the questions he asked give that away. Now he's just on a wind-up.
Yes your right there, heard enough now, Tamz hit it on the head on thread 2.

Guys don't worry I've worked as a sparkys mate before I have a fluke tester and a live wand too. I'm perfectly safe just not an expert at wiring centres. Thanks for your replies though. S noo what does the 3 port valve do if the boiler switches between heating and hot water? Essentially the question I was originally asking is why in all the wiring diagrams I look at does it have a pump in the system, and can I just omit it and connect up everything else.?

tc tc tc another electrician

All someone had to say was the water comes out the top of the cylinder which is higher than the level of the taps so gravity carries the hot water, no pump is needed. It is not pumped by the boiler, a y plan doesn't have to have a pump. I've worked all this out with the ex-british gas plumber you were ridiculing yesterday, after none of the so-called experts on here could offer up this simple advice. So in the end they didn't have to shell out to get it wired back up. There is a lot of hate on here its a bit worrying, it seems to be a trend in forums for people to get out their prams and start making mocking statements because they feel so superior. Its just a job guys calm down you aren't heroes you just go to work because you're getting paid for it. I only wanted to do a favour for someone who was in need of hot water to bathe their children then I get insults and mockery I hope you all feel big and clever.

If I thought you were actually being serious then I would be very worried for anybody whose house you have worked in.

Can this thread be locked before people start calling this bloke a c*** or a p**** or a bell end. Oh that ones ok! There's a pump in the boiler. There's a pump in the boiler. There .... Is ..... A..... Pump..... In..... The..... Boiler!!!! A pump! In the boiler! It's in the friggin boiler! You've been told countless times. Now sod off and stop antagonising the good folk on here.

It is not pumped by the boiler, a y plan doesn't have to have a pump. I've worked all this out with the ex-british gas plumber you were ridiculing yesterday, after none of the so-called experts on here could offer up this simple advice.

What planet are you on? Of course a Y plan needs a pump. It's one of Honeywell's fully pumped systems. What it doesn't necessarily need is another pump if there is already one in the boiler.

water does not come up of the cylinder Mr. electrician ......gravity does not allow this to happen ......water does not run up hill
gravity force from the water that is in the Cold water storage tank does this , as it is higher then the hot water cylinder ,
for every 1m of head gravity gives you 0.1bar pressure
but then you are electrician and even If I spend 30min writhing you would have not understand this basic physical principals any way

Last edited:
I give up. The pump is connected to the flow and return pipes from this system boiler and are connected to the heating coil in the cylinder. The boiler doesn't have water in and out pipes, so how can the pump in the boiler push water to any taps? Have you thought about what you're saying. Experts still telling me there's a pump in the boiler. The pump in the boiler has nothing to do with the hot water, its just for heating the rads and/or cylinder. Are you saying that the central heating water that's been going round the rads suddenly comes out of the tap. The two circuits are completely independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baffled by this system? Can't see a pump... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock