Search the forum,

Discuss back boiler heating circulation issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I hope someone can help as its driving me round the bend.
Its and open vented system with a baxi 552 back boiler. the water work perfectly but the heating flow pipes to the radiators get hot but there is no circulation . The flow pipe is hot to all the radiators but the return pipe is cold

Things ive checked:-
1) the pump is fine (its new)
2) the 2 port valve controlled by the room stat work is ok.
3) all the return pipes have water in them indicating no blockage.

the sytem has 10mm pipe running off the 22mm flow and return.

Am I Missing something obvious? Any suggestion appreciated

Thanks in advance

Sounds like blockage the return will have water in regardless as it feeds through boiler and coil. Manifold?

As above. Restricted circulation.

Did pump valves open properly after pump was changed ?

As above. Restricted circulation.

Did pump valves open properly after pump was changed ?

Check for blockage where cold feed meets the heating system return. Also check for failed anti gravity check valve fitted in return pipework from heating often enclosed in fireplace adjacent boxing if still on gravity hot water or not removed when converted to fully pumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to back boiler heating circulation issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock