Search the forum,

Discuss B+Q Prices! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The look on the guys face that was serving her was priceless, think he was shocked that i actually gave my number to her haha.

It isn't the job of a commercial consortium (or monopoly) to establish restrictive or closed shop practices. The cynical thinking is to be seen to be on side and therefore court trade; also establish an elite. If a loony member of the public wants to blow him or herself up that's up to them and any statute or law as a consequence, it is not the business of shops or trades to interfere. This echoes exactly the debate about so called fast trackers. If there is no other route (never mind the theoretical apprenticeships that don't exist or are blocked to older people) for new entrants into the trade then so be it. I abhor the idea that only a select few and their 'chosen' family or friends should be able to gain access to an earning trade or profession. My views are the same for the so called white collar jobs. Anyone should be able to gain access or entrance: if they are no good at it, that's a different matter.

tradepoint account reduces the b&q prices get yourself one of those just incase you need to nip over to b&q if its nearer or merchants are shut, last resort though :p

I think GQuigley67 has got it right B&Q are definately trying to push their trade accounts at the moment I went to buy some 1/2" tap washers last week mainly because I was passing and I couldnt be bothered to root around in the back of the motor, I couldnt belive it when I got to the checkout and they tried to charge me ÂŁ4.50 for them, nearly had a heart attack, (that would probably cheer a few people up if i did).
I left em on the counter and rooted around in the motor

It isn't the job of a commercial consortium (or monopoly) to establish restrictive or closed shop practices. The cynical thinking is to be seen to be on side and therefore court trade; also establish an elite. If a loony member of the public wants to blow him or herself up that's up to them and any statute or law as a consequence, it is not the business of shops or trades to interfere. This echoes exactly the debate about so called fast trackers. If there is no other route (never mind the theoretical apprenticeships that don't exist or are blocked to older people) for new entrants into the trade then so be it. I abhor the idea that only a select few and their 'chosen' family or friends should be able to gain access to an earning trade or profession. My views are the same for the so called white collar jobs. Anyone should be able to gain access or entrance: if they are no good at it, that's a different matter.

why would buisness , shops , trades , want to interfere with a damaged individual blowning him self up,and apprenticeships are 90% practical based

You also have to remember that B&Q are open long hours, Saturday, Sunday and Bank holidays and that costs money. Compare that to your trade merchant. Screwfix work well for me and are quite a bit cheaper than B&Q even the new trade point part.

You also have to remember that B&Q are open long hours, Saturday, Sunday and Bank holidays and that costs money. Compare that to your trade merchant. Screwfix work well for me and are quite a bit cheaper than B&Q even the new trade point part.
B&Q, Screwfix, Plumbfix and the rest are all the same company. B&Q is the DIY division and the rest are aimed at trade. With clever marketing i.e Trade Point with discount card, free website and email etc. they are trying to make sure that Trade goes mainly to them and their sub companies.
The wee independent corner merchants can't compete. The B&Q companies are open 7 days a week. For an independent merchant to do that they'd have to pay extra staff wages and then put up their prices.

Some would have bought the compression cap ends,kept the reciept,finished the job then bought two more from merchants the next day or so and return those for a B&Q refund.:eek:,I think not right using B&Q like that but seen it done :rolleyes:

imho

I went in for cap ends and walked out as well. The really annoying thing is this.

You used to be able to go in pick them up at a reasonable price, then get your trade card out and you would get 5% cashback in due course. You could do this on everything.

Now enter trade point yahoo. My B&Q doesn't have one so i have to order should I feel the need cap ends in trade point are as well priced as the merchants in fact possibly cheaper. But you have to order them to get the price. I asked why and they said, wait for it. The ones in store are better quality!! Oh right then hardly bleeding kuterlites plumbsure or something what a joke. I have seriously reduced my purchasing in B&Q I used it a lot for end feed etc as it was as good as any both price and quality and they opened at 7am. Don't go now since the trade point thing everything has shot up in price.

Unknown to a lot of people is the fact that B&Q are owned by Kingfisher PLC who also own Screwfix. I suspect that the reason why B&Q prices have increased recently is because they have just done a deal to purchase 30 odd Focus stores for some 20 odd million pounds, so someone has to pay for the deal and I suppose it will just have to be the customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to B+Q Prices! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock