Search the forum,

Discuss Awkward customer trying to use someone else to sign off work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I’ve got a awkward customer who’s playing silly buggers with payment after using breach of trust to kick us off the job now it’s at second fix stage.
The boiler and cylinder is installed by me and was running and tested before he kicked us off the job.

My question is

Is another gas safe engineer aload to sing off my work?

Thanks

I’d say yes, if I were going to sign it off I’d just go through everything with a fine tooth comb and carry out any remedial work, if any were needed.
It’s just like going to do a gas safety check, once you’ve touched it your responsible.

• Agree
Reactions: rpm
We haven’t notified gas safe yet of a new install. Only the boiler book is on site but not filled in.
If I let gas safe know we fitted it would they block any other engineers from registering the new install so they certificate won’t be sent?

We haven’t notified gas safe yet of a new install. Only the boiler book is on site but not filled in.
If I let gas safe know we fitted it would they block any other engineers from registering the new install so they certificate won’t be sent?
Next time keep all paperwork with you until you get paid then you fill it in.
Not gsr but my guess is they won`t block it, how can they?

I’d hazard a guess, they wouldn’t give a hoot who actually installed it... as long as you’re a registered gas safe engineer. All the system wants is a qualified engineer to sign it off and pay the few quid, to the top hierarchy of gas safe.

Chris, put illegal boiler install in the search box (top R/H corner) to see more.

Well that’s C**P. Did you at least get a deposit and some pictures of the job in progress?

Sounds like Small Claims Court action a possible option.
You need paperwork, emails and texts relating to quotes and any other agreements and conversations. Also photographs, your invoices showing work and materials.
Your customer needs proof of any bad workmanship or reason to end contract with you, including proper and fair communications between him and you of the latter period where things broke down.
You have to be paid for any materials used, and any labour used, if work was as agreed and of satisfactory standard.

You sign it off at the installation address but send the paperwork to yourself , tell the to&&er he can have the paperwork when hes paid .

Like your thinking there if customer is a tool/scrote then he wont have certificates for registration.

Update us all with more details please & pics if poss,

Good luck,

Andy

Hi Chris.

Horrible situation.

It would be nice to know that GasSafe was on your side and have the means of blocking anyone else's attempt to sign of this job, but I fear they can't and won't.

It would also be nice to think that all other GasSafe installers would smell a rat and not get involved in such a half-completed job, knowing that a fellow installer has been kicked off the contract for some unexplained reason. Again, tho', I fear they won't.

This might not be their 'fault', of course; expect the customer to lie through their teeth with their explanation (how incompetent you've been, how untrustworthy, how unhelpful, how rude, ok, I'll stop... )

So that basically means you have to tackle this issue the correct way, which is to make a small claims via your local CC, or online with MoneyClaim.org.

You need to ensure you do this correctly, tho', so get some good advice. You must demonstrate you've been reasonable and have fulfilled your side of the contract, up to the point they chucked you off with no valid explanation. This will require a hand-delivered (or recorded delivery) letter outlining your case and emphasising your willingness to continue to completion. You MUST be 100% professional at all times. Unemotive. Fact-based always.

If they don't see reason, then get the claim underway asap. If they live fairly close, it might also be worth driving by whenever you are in the area and seeing if there's another plumber outside - note down their number and give them a call, fill them in.

Good luck, and please keep us posted as this could help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Awkward customer trying to use someone else to sign off work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock