Search the forum,

Discuss Aviva Renewal Rip Off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Another year's no claims on all 3 vans... Aviva have decided to up our insurance by 50% lol.

I don't understand why insurance companies do this, are most people stupid and don't they shop around or something? Do people really not question a 50% price hike with an extra year's no claims?

Seems like a silly way to run your business to me!

When you phone them to tell them to do one they'll offer you the non extortionate price, they all do the same thing, it's such a dirty way to operate.
It's like going to service a boiler and your usual price is £100 but every time you do one you ask for £150 on the off chance that the customer is numpty enough to not notice.

One thing the insurance agent I think is obliged to do, is offer you the quote from the same insurance company you used the last year. That way they are not acting against the previous company. (Some insurance companies are cheap one year but raise their charges the next to cover losses.) Then the broker can offer you cheaper quotes from other companies.
But it is true that they all try to get the odd mug to be timid and not challenge the raised quotes.

I very rarely use the same insurer 2 yrs running, unless they either match the cheapest comparable quote or beat it (less hassle with sending proof of ncd bonus)
Loyalty isn't rewarded

If you call them up and tell them you are going elsewhere they will miraculously pull out a much lower figure, amazing how they do that.

I tried that but Aviva simply weren't interested at all!!

Another firm trying to earn on the back of people's complacencies.
Had a thames water plumbing cover through letter box, £10 for first year I though how can they make it work? Small print says the cover goes up to £150 following year IF you had no claims. I can imagine plenty of unaware people on their list paying hundreds a year. Then so many times I talk to clients who have a cover with BG and making me wonder why on earth Im standing there and not a BG guy

When I get my renewal for car or can it's always higher that what I've been paying

I immediately go online & get a cheaper quote

I then ring my insurance company & tell them to shove it up their jacksy.

Give me great pleasure

Mines gone up £10, im too full of flu to give a stuff. I'll just pull my trousers down and let it renew.

Now there's another gripe! Automatic renewal, without even asking. It's Just plain wrong.

Another firm trying to earn on the back of people's complacencies.
Had a thames water plumbing cover through letter box, £10 for first year I though how can they make it work? Small print says the cover goes up to £150 following year IF you had no claims. I can imagine plenty of unaware people on their list paying hundreds a year. Then so many times I talk to clients who have a cover with BG and making me wonder why on earth Im standing there and not a BG guy

Yes but if your cover & remember to cancel it you've had a years cover for 10 quid!!

The auto renewal is well known, they make out its for out convenience to prevent a lapse in cover... More like an easy way for a fast buck! This practise should be banned, espically when the premium goes up without good reason!

I had the same with Aviva, when I moaned they said it was because there was a lot of claims in the area!!!!

So I take it I'm paying for everyone else now!

What with my various personality disorders, mild depression and long periods of substance abuse I've rarely got my sh*t together. So I've found auto-renewing to be an attractive choice in these hustly-bustly modern times.

Sometimes I can't keep it in my head long enough to search for quotes before it's too late, sometimes I receive the letter with the quote price and am so consumed by the pointlessness of life that I literally cannot bring myself to look up what the current price is let alone do something about it but most of the time I find a letter at the bottom of a mountain of rubbish a couple of months too late to find myself being congratulated on being insured for another year. Usually I sigh a relief that I'm at least covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aviva Renewal Rip Off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock