Search the forum,

Discuss ATL Southampton in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUCIALIA

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I have been advised today that ATL in Southampton have gone into receivership & this happened about two weeks ago. I am currently waiting for T4Ts to return my call as they know nothing about it, despite the head office address for ATL being identical to T4T's....:veryangry2:

Its because there different names same initals its a con apprenticeship training ltd is in liquidation thats who iam meant to do my training with.the atl company at same address is just another company they set up probably to confuse people

i am doing my trianing with them to well trying to they lost all my exam results for the best part of a year i then get them back and a month later i find this out starting to get a bit :censored: does any one know who there administrators are ??

Training centre has been taken over by company called ERR Ltd. They are having problems finding things as when ATL went bust they just upped & left, leaving everything where it lay. Only yesterday managed to get confirmation that my level 3 portfolio has been located & all is fine with it. Finished my practical first week of September last year & my solar energy coursework has still to be found. Not a happy bunny to say the least!!:32:

so are err taking on all the people training with atl/tq or are we stuffed ?

and they are not the best at storing info

I think they are picking up where ATL left off & they will be doing the training

The phone number for them is 0844 5835726, hope this helps. Good luck!

hi i started with atl in december haven't found any reasons to complain as yet. but reading what you have to say has made me worrie i didn't even know they had went in to liquidation. all the tutors seem to be friendly and helpfull. Should i be concerned?????

no need to be concerned particularly. ATL are rebranded as ERR and are owned by affiliated with T4TS. If / when centres enter administration you are on a C&G course and they will ensure you get the training done...... somewhere
Caviat: I think the centres have scanners now, scan all work as this is saved on the cloud. If / when they lose your portfolio you will have a copy and also a record of exams taken.

ATL are not the company to go for i am signed up with them and its the biggest mistake i made

no argument there, there is plenty of input on here for that.
the question was to do with course completion, on that front i think you are ok.

are you going to get the experience and qualification you expect based on what you signed up for? hmmmmm, that is a more interesting one.......

the reason i choose them after looking at a couple was because they told me that after passing exams they can put you in to placements. cause i was brought, just hoping i don't live to regrete it! As im female and its not the easiest to find people to take on female assistants. though ive battled my way though the construction indistry with block paving and groundwork on big sites. Its finding the opportunity's.WISH ME LUCK!!!

hi there its been a while since you messaged me. haven't been on the computer for some time.im being a bit slow i just getting ready to hand in tma for module 4, and move on to next book of modules.what about your self are you doing better than me

I joined ATL last year 2013, I signed up the course then Im paying them £135 per month of 36 with the assistance of CDF a finance that paid all my course in full and now owe them the money that so hard to earn every week Im struggling cause I have two kids and unemployed wife.Now Im hearing a lot of negative feedbacks is there anyone there that can help me to decide what to do,please Im really worried now dont know what to do.

hi there
im in the same boat as yourself minus the wife,obviously i only have myself to think about but finding it tight all the same as i dont have any spare money but i look at the long run and keep pushing on.i personally haven't found any think to grumble about atl as of yet! and its only 2 years out of another 30 years i've been looking at any grants and stuff, i was told that if i talk to the local university they might be able to help as they have a pot which they don't like to talk about but its worth a go!
FINANCIAL CONTINGENCY FUND in wales.And for England its called ACCESS TO LEARNING FUND
also they can give you some sort of breathing space if you talk to them .one month i asked if i could split the payment in two i was told they could but not as a regular arangment. hope i could help and not just babbled on.i guess we should wish each other luck on our jouneys you will get there!:beatnik::chillpill: thats the way im treating it as hard as it is sometimes!!!!!!

Do you Guy's and Gal's even knoe about the 3 year course limit?? This continues to be a problem for a lot of people meanwhile we move on..... You should really really google this and find out for yourselves just how bad the problem really is.....

Then consider your own position..... Please feel free to contact me via PM if you need some pointers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ATL Southampton in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have two adjoining cottages, each with an identical UFH system downstairs. Both been going fine for around five years. But for the last few weeks, one of the systems doesn't seem to be running most of the time. Essentially the UFH does "work", in that I can turn the thermostat right up, and...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can offer me advice? I have an old Glowworm Micron 30FF. Must be about 18 years old. The whole system needs replacing if I am honest - the tank it fills...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and managed to get the water turned off pretty quickly so it is not a massive catastrophe. Both times, a fitting popped off a pipe about 15 minutes after...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
I need to replace 4 ¼ turn ceramic valves for a second hand kitchen tap set - two taps. The current ones are dripping. These are marked X17C, and have a threaded collar. I've been to two local reputable plumbers merchants with the old valve and the head and cover to assist in fitting. No-one has...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock