Search the forum,

Discuss At Risk old Ncs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddiebrown424

Hi All some advise please

Conducting a landlords cert in a flat. There is no AECV fitted and the meter is further away thn 6m behind a locked door. All tenants have a key for this. Inspecting the gas hob there is no FSD which would have been not to current standards, the isolation valve as usual is behind the electric cooker which was not screwed into the unit. I realise that an AECV does not have to be fitted retrospectively but coupled with the other issues rings an alarm bell with me. Whilst the hob or AECV are technically not faults am i over reacting and should i just recommend that these are changed whilst issuing a cert it has passed for the last few years.

Any advise greatly received for a relative newbie.

Thanks

Eddie

There is a new BS9681 out which covers the AECV and its location, the last one I did where the meter was outside, but not on the wall of the effected flat, was deemed AR due to no AECV however if I had turned off and capped it would not have made the system any safer, so there was no reason to turn off. That came from GSR.

Thanks Stani

Is there a need now to up dte the hob to one with a FSD which was also a concern.

Eddie

No, but when it is replaced then it will need one.

last one honestly lol. Do i mark them both as at risk on the cp12 or just leave the hob off. I marked it down as NCS which i guess is wrong.

I would just leave it as a note for client, you have observed these but the AECV is AR but turning off won't make the situation any better, so leave gas on but leave as much info on the sheet as you can so the next person understands the situation. The hob was ok when fitted there is no NCS now, just give advice.

Thanks Stani

love this place always on the ball advice:smile5:

i would cap it, otherwise it will never be sorted and someone down the line will ask, why didnt you? in the event of an incident!

next one in to re-connect wont do so as it dont meet regs without rectifying.

in what way redsaw? I thought that the AECV did not have to be fitted retrospectively and that the hob would have to be changed for fsd when replaced...

Eddie, do you write the landlords or do you do electronic ones, I use Easygas electronic and can add an additional info sheet where I would give a brief explanation of the situation.

Hi Stani thanks again... I dont do that many and work for an FM compny so its handwritten.. Sounds worth looking into though. I like the idea of being able to explain the situation it makes life easier for the next person.

Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to At Risk old Ncs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
Hi there, First time changing a shower or any sort of plumbing work really. Previously had an old Gainsborough shower unit which packed up yesterday, so I’ve bought a tritron easi fit today with the hope that it would require minimal effort haha. Only issue I have is the water pipe on my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've been researching and planning a job for my home the past few days and a few pieces of advice would be welcome to help me along the way. I have a cloakroom toilet which has a toilet and a sink, where the sink currently is there is good room to put a small shower cubicle and a...
Replies
Views
Hi Could you give me some advice based on the following points below? System background (small cottage) it has ---------------------------------------------- System Gas boiler ground floor Greenstar Ri think its a 15; Two gravity fed header tanks in the loft one small one for the radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi PlumbersForums. I've been having some issues with my central heating system in a 4 year old new build property for over a year now. I have some mental health issues with anxiety so this might be exaggerating the problem somewhat but please bear with me. My issues start with Plumber A doing...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock