Search the forum,

Discuss Armitage Shanks Princess (H866) Toilet Discontinued Spares in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Hoping someone can help with a bit of knowledge. I have a couple of Armitage Shanks Princess Toilets (H866) that were installed in 1998 and need a bit of TLC, they have side lever pedal type flush handles.

I have done a lot of searching online but with so much to choose from I'm kind of lost...

I need to get hold of a spare syphon valve and inlet valve and cannot find original spares anyway online. I would imagine there are plenty of generic spares out there that will do the job but not sure which pieces to buy as there are so many. Any advice on where to look / compatible spares would be very much appreciated.

If I couldn't find any spares, would it be possible to bolt on a new cistern to the bowl that have the eco dual flush style and how would I find out which would be compatible? The existing cistern looks to be held on by two wing nuts to the bowl and a couple of screws into the wall. I would guess seals would need changing out?!?

Thanks in advance.

Tom.

could you post a pic up looking down into the cirster (lid off) please

Sure. See attached. Princess H866.jpg

I've stripped out the inlet valve 29cm tall) and syphon (30cm tall). Syphon has a split in the diaphragm.

Cheers,
T.

Should be able to re fit a new set of internals no problem

Fluid master siphon

Fluidmaster® PRO Universal Dual Flush Syphon - Fluidmaster PRO Series - Our Products

You won't require your over flow any more

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/fluidmaster-blanking-off-plug/65267

New inlet valve

PRO Bottom Entry Fill Valve with Heavy Duty Brass Shank - Fluidmaster PRO Series - Our Products

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/wc-close-coupling-kit-white/84958

Or

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/euroflo-close-coupling-cistern-bolts/48787

Depending on if you have bolts showing in your cistern
Handle ok ?

Last edited:
Sure. See attached.View attachment 28571

I've stripped out the inlet valve 29cm tall) and syphon (30cm tall). Syphon has a split in the diaphragm.

Cheers,
T.
That pic is so 1990's . When we used to fit the basin and toilet before the tiles were fitted. The sanitary ware was packed off. Must have been a nightmare fir the tiler!
For the op . Everthing in that cystern can be swapped for much better quality " fluidmaster p" products, as Shaun, above posted.

Thanks for the replies Chalked and Shaun.

Just another quickie. The syphon I have has a thread outside diameter of 47mm (1 3/4"?) and the height of the syphon is 300mm to the seal and 350mm overall height (see pics).

The replacement ones in screwfix, toolstation.. etc show a diameter of 38mm and a length of 9".

Pipe size and OD differ, so is mine a 1 1/2" standard? How critical is it to get the right height syphon as seems the old one is quite high.

dia.jpg
length.jpg

Height matters with the links I put up you can set your own height (adjustable)

How big is the hole in your cistern ?

csn put some screwfix links up if you would like ?

The same size as the OD of the syphon. It was a tight fit when I pulled it out, so about 47mm (1 7/8").

The same size as the OD of the syphon. It was a tight fit when I pulled it out, so about 47mm (1 7/8").

Will be fine then with a 11/2 (41mm) siphon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Armitage Shanks Princess (H866) Toilet Discontinued Spares in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock