Search the forum,

Discuss Armitage Shanks Cottage Diverter S9678AA in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
We live in a hard water area and the Armitage Shanks Cottage Diverter S9678AA on our bath has started to stick. I have taken it off and while the spring and bottom plunger just pull out I can't see how separate the other parts to clean to clean it. Any advice on how to get it apart would be much appreciated.

I think you need to drift the pin out of it from the side, careful though, it's spring loaded!!!

Great! I tapped the pin out and because of your warning I only tapped it to clear the central part of the diverter but not out of the other side.
Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Armitage Shanks Cottage Diverter S9678AA in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi guys, Looking to replace an old shower diverter. Pictures attached. I'm from Australia if that makes any difference. Originally when i got the house years ago there was a note to be careful when turning the shower diverter too hard. Eventually this happened and it started leaking from the...
Replies
Views
Hi there! our Heritage bath taps (see attached image) have a leak from the shower lever when diverted to the shower head. Unfortunately this model is over 15 years old and spare parts are no longer available. As a very amateur DIY-er I am not familiar with the inner workings of these sort of...
Replies
Views
M
Hi everyone. Really need some urgent advice on how to sort this and why this happened. Our normal plumber/gas engineer has been cleaning our heating system due to loud knocking noises the year before and after tests of water were done he used F3, then DS40 & F1 per the results, but nearing the...
Replies
Views
Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or area by the water tank has started making a loud groaning noise whenever hot water has been running for much over a minute (sometimes less). Since the weather has gotten cooler, the radiators seem to come on (unless turned off at the TRV) whenever a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors. The waste stack is internal and bricked into corner of the bathroom. I noticed paint peeling and brown staining recently at the bottom near the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock