Discuss Armaflex toolbox ....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't work with any other type of insulation only armaflex

It's around £500

The knife is ace tho

Won't work with any other type of insulation only armaflex

It's around £500

The knife is ace tho
Thanks Shaun for the swift reply.
I know it will work only with armaflex but do you know where to get the knife and template ? I am I terested in this mostly

Mate shurely you don't need a special knife for armaflex?
Depends on what sort of job you do. I personally like to have a high standard on finishes so Bette really of having a proper tool

Mate shurely you don't need a special knife for armaflex?

Yes and no you can cut it with a hacksaw blade but will always be better with a kife

Yes and no you can cut it with a hacksaw blade but will always be better with a kife
I agree.
Some people do t care and use whatever they’ve got. I do care and I like looking back to my jobs and being proud of what i have done.

Depends on what sort of job you do. I personally like to have a high standard on finishes so Bette really of having a proper tool

I own quite a few quality high carbon japanese kitchen knives and straight razors that I've learned to sharpen over the years. Tbh I can't see anything provided by armacell that is particularly unusual or that a combination whetstone or decent sharpener cant sort out with say an ordinary kitchen or bread knife. In the end they are just knives that you have to keep to a level of sharpness so I doubt the steel used is really up to much given the cost. The harder the steel the longer it stays sharp the more expensive and difficult to sharpen, I'm not questioning your motives just whether this armacell set will perform any better than a half decent craft knife with disposable snap off blades or something out of the kitchen as long as you know how to keep it sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Armaflex toolbox ....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back