Search the forum,

Discuss ariston microgenus 23 mffi breakdown in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammathias

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My mate has a 16+year old ariston which isnt producing heating or hot water. I called around lastnight and gave it a service, hasnt been done in years, burner etc was very dusty. Anyway when i left every thing was fine, 11.2mb pressure on high and 2.5mb low kicking in and out on demand.
I had the dreaded call this morning to say its gone to lockout again, my guesses is thst its struggling to fire up on low heating demand causing it to go to lockout and when i had it all running lastnight it was because it had a chance to warm up?
Does anyone know what readings i should be getting? Anyone else got any ideas id be more thsn greatful. Will be going back this evening.

Give ariston a call before you get there mate. Probably is nothing to do with gas valve or gas. What state where the electrodes in?

Give ariston a call before you get there mate. Probably is nothing to do with gas valve or gas. What state where the electrodes in?
Electrodes where abit dirty but cleaned them all up on the service and it was all singing all dancing when i left.

Honestly no because it was all working when i put it together and fired it up. There was a delay on ignition when hottap was turnt on tho...15seconds or so. Is thst normal?
No idea mate. Don’t work on that many aristons.

Don't these have fault codes when they lock out? Or am I thinking of the later model?

New boiler :D

Start with the basics and work from there

Well went again lastnight, the red light which he said comes on and doesnt light is not a lockout light but indeed just a low pressure light.
Expansion vessel dead, faulty pressure gauge and jammed prv. Tried to pursuade him to get a new boiler but he opted for a ÂŁ110 for the parts. Just hope the flue come off in one piece otherwise hes Damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ariston microgenus 23 mffi breakdown in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock