Search the forum,

Discuss are trade qualified any good ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jim55

hiya peeps -first post on here:rolleyes:
im gona do a course (not a "fast track" just a home learning and u attend practical .now im in scotland and as olci have a workshop up here they were in the running but after reading a few stories on here im not so sure now .the guy on the phone was a bit pushy and i didnt like his attitude(salesman:rolleyes:).i emailed a few course providers and tq have just phoned me and the guy was sound -a good first impression .my question is -are they worth the money? tq want 5995 and olci were 5600!theres nothing between them but with tq i would have to travel and incur more costs than olci as its only a short drive to their workshops ,but tq are 200+ miles away(and accom as well) .i dont mind paying extra if its worth it but i dont know enough about tq to make a judgement .anybody done their course and willing to give feedback .my neighbour is doing similiar with t4ts but his doesnt include part p electrical which i think'll b essential .pricewise all the course iv looked at are very similiar ,so any comments peeps?

anybody?:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,
I signed up with them in March this year and it cost me £6495 would be interesting to see what quals your getting. They are not to bad. Really helpful when you go on your practical week. I am at the Southampton centre.

it seems quite comprehensive

The Professional Plumber Course
– PPC2

• Plumbing Level 2 Technical
Certificate

- C&G 6129-02

• Domestic Copper Pipework
Installation

- C&G 6022

• Sanitary Accommodation Installation
Maintenance and Design

- C&G 6032

• Water Supply Regulations 1999
• Design Installation and
Maintenance of Power and
Gravity Fed Shower Systems
• Unvented Hot Water Storage
Systems
• Domestic Electrical Installer
Defined Scope Part P
Certificate
• CSCS Site Safety Card
• Appointed Persons First Aid
Certificate
Updated from our previous hugely successful PPC1 course the PPC2 will enable students to
begin their plumbing careers immediately on completion of week four in Centre.
The PPC2 course includes

all of the following professional qualifications:
6 www.tradequalified.co.uk

well that didnt work!!

Hi there,
I signed up with them in March this year and it cost me £6495 would be interesting to see what quals your getting. They are not to bad. Really helpful when you go on your practical week. I am at the Southampton centre.
il b going to the one in wakefield as im in glasgow .it was initially olci i was thinking of but tq get a better review .sounds like youre doing the same as i want but their doing a deal just now for 5995.i cant copy and paste the course but theres a load of quals on it .but the main ones for me are the c+g 6129 ,the part p electrical,and water regs .how far on are u ?is it an ok company to deal with ? has it been worth paying for ?tq seem a bit expensive but if its worth paying for then il pay happily. il keep u posted as to whats on the course once i figure out how to c+p the details. thanks a lot;)
• Sanitary Accommodation Installation

Maintenance and Design
- C&G 6032

• Water Supply Regulations 1999
• Design Installation and
Maintenance of Power and
Gravity Fed Shower Systems
• Unvented Hot Water Storage
Systems
• Domestic Electrical Installer
Defined Scope Part P
Certificate
• CSCS Site Safety Card
• Appointed Persons First Aid
Certificate
Updated from our previous hugely successful PPC1 course the PPC2 will enable students to
begin their plumbing careers immediately on completion of week four in Centre.
The PPC2 course includes

all of the following professional qualifications:
6 www.tradequalified.co.uk

Hi there,

aha sussed it
this is what theyr offering

City & Guilds 6129-02 - Plumbing Level 2 Technical Certificate
City & Guilds 6022 - Domestic Copper Pipework Installation
City & Guilds 6032 - Sanitary Accommodation Installation Maintenance and Design
Water Supply Regulations 1999
Design Installation and Maintenance of Power and Gravity Fed Shower Systems
Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems
Domestic Electrical Installer Defined Scope Part P Certificate
CSCS Site Safety Card
Appointed Persons First Aid Certificate

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont really know much about tq, but trained with olci at one of their other centres (manchester). Helpful people and I’m happy with the training I got. Sounds like they offered you a similar course to what I did. I think you’d be wasting your money and time with all that travelling to be honest, if what you get at the end is the same.

I paid £5621 back in July 2008 and did my training with OLCI in Bristol(Excellent).I got C&G 6129 level 2, NVQ2(6089),Unvented hot water systems part G and EAL part P electrics for that price.Do your research thouroughly before you part with your money.What suits one person may not suit you.
Good Luck
If you need anymore advice ( I can only comment on OLCI in Bristol in all fairness)let me know.

I did my 6129 at OLCI in Livingston a while back. Facilities at the centre are good and the teachers are all nice guys. Why don’t you try and visit the centre, thats what I did before I started then you can get a bit of a feel for the place first.

Hi Guys, any update on how your courses are going, I'm looking into Electrician training, and looking at the various options avaliable, unfortunately my local college is not offering part time courses, and unable to learn full time due to family comitments & work comitments

I thought I shopped around well for my TQ course in Jan, only to find over the weeks there that people doing exactly the same course got it for between 1 and 2 K less.. same tutoring, same exams, same results - only instead of the ****ty 'value' tools i got, they had a £200 voucher for tools instead. Shop around, visit the centre, some I phoned were actually a 1 man training band running from the garage.. lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to are trade qualified any good ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock