Search the forum,

Discuss Arc welder in Lidl for £40 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Got myself one of these today. It comes with a welding shield & chipping hammer/wire brush.
It is a 30 - 80 amp suitable for 1.6 to 2.5mm electrodes.
Small, neat wee unit about 18" long that will probably do 99% of smallish welding jobs that most people need to do.
I don't really need it, but for £39.99 it is very handy to have.
Packs of welding rods (1kg) are £4.99

Might take run into lidl tomorrow. ...

It's so handy a size you could carry it around with you! It has a handle on the top of it.
I vowed I wouldn't buy any more tools but it won't take much room up.

Off I go to lidl then thanks best , been wanting a welder for ages

Check with your local Lidl online what their offer is, but hopefully it's the same offer all over the UK. Hope you get one! My Lidl had about 8 of them middle of afternoon.
I haven't a clue how good it is, but think it should be more than good enough for most jobs. 3 year warranty also!

Last edited:
If I turned up on site tomorrow with that I'd be laughed off site. Perfect for brackets or occasional use, wouldn't be too sure putting it near pipe.

is it an inverter type? same for tig welding..light in weight?

Had a sip one for 28 years now bought it from argos and it's still going well. I bolted a 240 cooker extractor fan on the back to cool it and improve duty cycle.it's like other tools I know quality counts but why pay a fortune for designer drills etc when a mid range one does the same job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a sip one for 28 years now bought it from argos and it's still going well. I bolted a 240 cooker extractor fan on the back to cool it and improve duty cycle.it's like other tools I know quality counts but why pay a fortune for designer drills etc when a mid range one does the same job.
Great minds think alike I put a plate fan inside and cut a hole in the nu tool arc welder I bought years ago

lol, i still got mine sip from 35 years ago 'blue-140amp' will look at the fan tho' also, i had the spot welder attatchment with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Arc welder in Lidl for £40 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock