Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 851

Discuss Aquarium pipwork, potential weak link? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Good morning,

I was hoping someone could advise me on required pressure ratings for PVC pipework for my aquarium plumbing. I have a return line from the sump to the tank in 25mm PN16 PVC attached to a variable flow return pump of 1000-5000 lph. Basically I messed up a solvent weld on the bushing for a 25mm ball valve which sits on the return and ordered a replacement which I impatiently fitted before realising it had a PN10 rating, rather than the PN16 for the rest of my pipework.

Should I be concerned about this potential weak link in the chain with the flow rates I will be putting through it?

Further info on the return line if required: 4x90 elbows, 1x45 elbow, approx 5ft horizontal pipework, 5ft vertical pipework, 1 x ball valve.

Many thanks in advance

Nick

Hi, I will certainly try that approach but I figured that given the question is more to do with pressure and pipe ratings the best place to ask would be here, most aquarists just install the pipework provided so I figured I would gain a more expert opinion on here.

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

You'll be very interested in what I have to tell you. ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aquarium pipwork, potential weak link? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock