Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone Tried the Milwaukee 18v 4.3J sds drill? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I regularly browse this forum but I don't think I have actually posted.

I have seen it mentioned but I am actually looking for first hand experiences on the Milwaukee M18CHPX.

As I am a sole trader (as well as being employed), and I need a new cordless sds, I was going get the 36v Bosch with 3 batteries. I have used this drill and circular saw and as the prices are lower than Hilti I thought it was an easy decision. Then I noticed the Milwaukee 18v with 4.3j impact energy

I work for a company who around 18 months ago got rid of any tool that does not have Milwaukee written on it. I have been using a HD18HX sds and the M18CID impact regularly. I have to say the impact driver is not as good as other makes I have used and I am regularly having to get corded drills when previously an old 24V Hilti or 36V Bosch would have done the job nicely.

Needless to say I wasn't looking at 18v because of my experience of the cordless stuff I regularly use but if the M18CHPX is as good as the specification says then it should out perform the Bosch.

Has anyone used this drill? What do you think of it?

Cheers

Chris

Last edited:
Blimey thats a long wait for a first post!

Belated welcome to the forum Chris. :)

Sorry I can't help you with the tool question

As above and welcome Chris and I`m sure there are a few Milwaukee fans on the forum who can answer the question for you.

I owe a member a sincere apology as I didn't believe a 4.5j 18v SDS existed, I haven't used it but the drill is brushless so should easily surpass the non FUEL 18v variants you've been used to.

Last edited:
Milwaukee 18v 4.3J is agooed high power high performance Cordless SDS Hammer Drill. I am impressed with it.

Do you own one of these drills? If so what is the battery life like, I am trying to decide between this one and the standard fuel version. Its not a huge amount more but I want decent battery life.

Mark.

i've the 28v sds (everything else is 18v) and it's the nuts. it was second hand and i've been cutting all my flue cores and chasing in with it without a problem for a couple of years. I've had corded makitas that haven't done as much without conking out

Well I recently decided to buy one of these, Welshplumber have you purchased one yet? I am in Wales so we may be able to meet up sometime if you want to have a try. I am hoping to compare it to a mates drill who has the 36v Bosch soon. Great bit of kit like all the other red tools I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone Tried the Milwaukee 18v 4.3J sds drill? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock