Search the forum,

Discuss anyone seen these tools for removing damaged screws? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know bout the brand but I have used similar tools many moons ago when I used to do a lot of work on cars and motorbikes. The concept and usage worked fine for right hand thread sheared bolts and studs.

screwfix do something similar. not used them but heard they work well.

There are loads of variations of this around.
They will work some of the time but not all of the time.
Depending on damage to the head, drilling maybe only option.

Could be a good 5 quid spent if they work , as already said life time guarantee could be a bit suspect

Hi

I have something similar from JML but I have never been able to get them to work properly. I have found that if I can grip the screw, mole grips work the best.
Hope this is of help?

Kelvin

Hi

I have something similar from JML but I have never been able to get them to work properly. I have found that if I can grip the screw, mole grips work the best.
Hope this is of help?

Kelvin
Bloody things are useless - I would buy some if they worked (the ones i had didn't!)

Tell you what does work often on screws with a shagged thread - impact driver. Push down, and at least it could get enough out to use grips on the rest.

If someone could come up with a good tool for this they would be quids in!

First rule of thumb - if screws come with it, (particually from wee and poo) throw them and get out some decent ones. B&Q screw seem specially enginieered to have the consitancy of warm plastic. I dont know how they manage to make the metal as soft as they do!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to anyone seen these tools for removing damaged screws? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock