Discuss Anyone recognise this symbol? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
Need a new cartridge for this tap, no markings other than this on the cartridge.
Anyone recognise it? For a lettings agency so they would like to repair if possible, you know what they're like ;)
20170629_165852.jpg 20170629_165908.jpg

Cheers JC plumb, I was actually wondering what brand it is never came across that one but good to know for the future.

Thanks dude

Cheep contract tap, cartridge Proberly cost more than tap, if you can get one

Quick thought, if you spend all your time trying to do things cheap for people, you'll always get loads of cheap work! Makes more sense to do less, quality work. Also you might fit a cartridge only for it to fail in two years then you will get the "that tap you fixed has broken" phone call....

Quick thought, if you spend all your time trying to do things cheap for people, you'll always get loads of cheap work! Makes more sense to do less, quality work. Also you might fit a cartridge only for it to fail in two years then you will get the "that tap you fixed has broken" phone call..
Completely agree.
I spent about 10 mins looking for this cartridge, saw it was obscure and over-priced so fitted a new tap on Wednesday.
I get about £800 a month from working for this agency so if I can do a quick fix for them I will, there's plenty of profit still to be had.

The make is generally irrelevant. The pattern is what's important. Yours looked like a 40mm cart but then there are variations. YOu can but good quality ones but you have to know where to look.

Yeah, that particular one having 4 holes in a line with the weird gasket/washer part was a new one on me. I don't often change them but can usually get replacements if they're more standard than this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone recognise this symbol? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back